Prisonbreak [HH Winner 2021]

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Gorvoslov
Officer

Prisonbreak [HH Winner 2021]

Post by Gorvoslov » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Previously: https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18587

They say the prison under the keep is not one to be trying to break out of.

From the deepest parts of maximum security..

All the way up through general population into a guard barracks that leads to the rest of the keep across a narrow stone bridge...

The beach is frustratingly close, visible from the top of the tower even.

Naturally, todays lucky contestants on “Liberty or Death” are in Maximum security.

They'll have to break out of their cells, then the solitary confinement area, deal with some guards..

Only to find themselves in a tunnel out of there to a slightly less locked down cell...

Past a storage room up and out of the cave levels...

Into some more general population cells...

All the way to the drunk tank.

Then it's just a simple matter of getting past the guard barracks.

And anyone waiting at the top level guarding the bridge.

But if they can make it from there down to the beach, they just need to figure out the arcane art of “Sailing”.

Today's participants:
Boris, Orc Bard (Top Left) who last remembers: https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=18347
Hawthorne, Half-Orc Barbarian (Bottom Left):
Spoiler
Show
Hawthorne moved the crates to the dock itself. More supplies for the Pulpiteer. Just how far were they planning to send this ship? It’s not a big ship, it’s certainly not able to handle any significant combat. Especially if some of the mutterings from sailors about the Orchipelago were true. He was just loading up a ship to feed orc pirates, might as well just call it paying tribute. In a way, he almost wished he was with them. Being a half-orc meant he didn’t really fit in human or orc settlements, but at least moving heavy boxes was something he was good at. Things that would take multiple of the human dockhands to move he could do alone, and the work suited him.

His thoughts were disturbed by large movements coming down the beach from all directions. That was a lot of soldiers coming from everywhere. Strange. No military transports were scheduled to depart today, there wasn’t even one at the dock. And coming from multiple directions is more of a tactic to corner an enemy than marching to a ship. Then he noticed the weapons were drawn, and that they were all converging towards where he was working. Easily over a hundred of them, and nobody else was around him. Were they coming for him??

“Hawthorne, you are hereby under arrest for… uuhh let’s walk and talk. This will take awhile.” The soldiers clapped him in irons and started marching him towards the keep. “Anyways, as I was saying, you’re under arrest for:

Attempted burglary
Attempted assault
Assault and Battery
Attempted Regicide
Trespassing onto government property
Stealing of documents containing government secrets
Break and Entry
Grand Theft of Property
Practicing Medicine without a License
Practicing Law without a License
Practicing Religion without a License
Bribing an official
Falsifying blame for a crime on someone else
Resisting arrest
Sending unwanted paintings of male genitalia
Mail fraud
Walking on the wrong side of the road during a ceremony
Partaking in a Canadian standoff lasting more than 30 minutes
Drinking a glass of water in public
Partaking in tourist sites when not a tourist
Owning paraphernalia without a license to allow for the following:
- Arson
- Burglary
- Trespassing
- Handholding
- Baking
- Weapon Development
- Tarot Readings
- Writing Vogon Poetry
Running a business without a License
Running a gambling den without a License
Writing Vogon Poetry
Reading Vogon Poetry to others
Removing "warranty void if removed" labels from products
Assaulting an officer
Attempted Auto-erotic asphyxiation
Sleeping on the job
Reheating coffee
Sleeping on the streets
Using a bathhouse outside of designated hours
Walking in front of a parade of soldiers
Walking extremely slowly in front of others on the roads
Standing still in a quickly moving road
Gaslighting others
Walking along the wrong side of the road
Spooking transportation animals
Tying people's shoes together
Creating caricatures of people along boardwalks
Frolicking along the main road
Ding-dong dashing
Picking nose in public
Showing crack when bending over
Organizing hate group meetups
Walking past dogs and not giving them pets and telling them they're a good dog
Writing horrible fan-fiction about Kirk and Spock
Gluing coins on the street for people to attempt to pick-up
Claiming amnesia
Aggravated jaywalking

...that's it. I got through the entire list!"

Inside the keep, he was blindfolded going through the prison. Not that it mattered, what would he do with that information? Half the crimes he was accused of were capital crimes anyways. So much for an easy life lifting things up and putting them down.
Icharos, Tiefling Rogue (Top Right):
Spoiler
Show
It was an easy enough assignment. Sneak in the back door, down the stairs, open the safe, grab the valuables, leave. Nobody should be around, but lookouts posted anyways. Easy money. Icharos had only recently fallen in with this gang of thieves, reasons didn’t even matter now. While he was cracking the safe, something went wrong. Instead of there being nobody around, there was everybody around. Dozens of guards, and not just mooks with spears. There were two knights and a paladin in the group that apprehended him. His lookouts? Gone. You know what they say about honour among thieves…

Icharos was taken blindfolded into the prison tower. Despite being blindfolded, he did his best to keep track of how many steps, what direction, so that he might be able to get out. Not like he wasn’t going to be in for a long time otherwise.
UNNAMED DEAD SPY BECAUSE PLAYER COULDN'T MAKE IT SO HE TOOK HIS SUICIDE PILL (Bottom Right): Probably the last time I make fun of this. In all fairness, saved them 8-10 hours of their life.

But how will they get out?
...oh... this is how: https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18588

The hero rules being used here were the dice progression system, everyone starts with 6 tiles of their choice. If they have their “class tool” equipped, they get 3 tiles of that class as well. If they're rude and steal another classes' class tool, they only get 1 class tile from it. I acted as “DM” while the rest of my normal DnD group minus one player acted as the heros. NPCs were controlled by myself when applicable. Every time they moved to a new “Section”, they reset their hero dice and re-rolled initiative, usually with Icharos being at or very near the bottom of the order. Some Rogue.
Rules: https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 20#p366820
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Re: [HH] Prisonbreak

Post by Gorvoslov » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:05 pm

Section 1

Begin the first section!

Instead of listening to the previous soap's teaser about clubbing a man to death with orc bread, Boris instead opts to pick up a teacup. I know he read the soap that spoon-fed what random object to use as a weapon, yet here we are completely disappointed.

HAWTHORNE SMART! HAWTHRON GET THE BURNY SMASHY THING!

Icharos agrees, and starts dual-wielding his lockpick class tool with the torch, giving him 3 “thief” tiles to assign to his dice and unlocking the following abilities:
Thief Skills – 1 Action, requires thief tile. Allows the character to carry out “thief” related tasks, such as picking locks, disarming traps, hiding...
Dungeoneering – 1 Action, requires thief tile. Gives some preview of the next section. This wound up being completely forgettable of a skill.

That's a lot of guards! With real weapons instead of what little junk could be scrounged up! Icharos picks the lock.

Boris gets the skill rolls off to an auspicious start by trying to throw a teacup at the guard, suffice to say it did not have any real effect. Also shows some of the extra SPOOPY tablecloth, since this is for Halloween after all (Note: If not posted until well after Halloween, know that the author has gone completely insane). The dice roll was more interesting than what he actually did.

Icharos however, begins his trend of picking some very squishy locks open to make these weird clanky things stop attacking. First Blood benny!

Hawthorn gets them able to exit the door. I should have realised we would start things off with a chokepoint. This gets him to take First Stabbed! When a guard knocks off one of his pips. Which is not even worth a Benny.

Boris continues to make me worry he will be the most forgettable character in this by just picking up a teacup, while Icharos goes on a lockpicking rampage.

Not to be outdone, Hawthorne so massively overkills a guard he knocked his skeleton right out of him! SPOOKY!

Icharos then unlocks the cell door containing myterious green things that are not orcs.

“A Brootal with a mind uncorrupted by caffeine? What a strange planet this apparently is. I MUST TASTE THIS! IT WOULD BE A MOST UNUSUAL FLAVOUR!”

“Brootal? BROOTAAAAL! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! I THOUGTH WE WOULD BE SAFE ON THIS PLANET THAT SPACE SHIPS CAN'T REACH AND I WAS WRONG!!!”. Apparently the exit to maximum security was left unlocked until that alien ran through it and it locked behind them. An explosion is heard shortly thereafter.

Thankfully, Boris is able to do something and cause some weird purple blood to spill out of the strange not-of-this-world-but-at-least-the-correct-plane-because-that's-relevant-in-fantasy creature that was trying to taste his brains.

“you. Saved. my. Life. i. am. Eternally. Grateful. For. The. Greener. Good. I. Will. Unlock. Your. True. Potential. we. Serve. The. Brootalz.”

Everyone gains their “Heroic Feat” tile just in time to move on to section 2 after resetting their character dice! Of course, they never did check out the bottles on the table that were actually fairly nice potions. I should have known this group would be bad for leaving loot behind, not the first time they've missed obvious loot.
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Section 2

Found the third alien... Looks like they were torn apart by... something. And the guards don't even care. Prisoners being blown up must be pretty typical here.

Let's do this!

Start by making Hawthorne bleed. I have a feeling that soon this may not be such a great idea on the guard's part...

“For. The. Greener. Good.”

Boris gets the first attempt at a heroic feat. Keyword being attempt. Instead of doing a badass jump, he just kind of bowling balls everyone in a line over.

Cleared some fog of war at least...

Icharos “kindly” kicks the disrupted Hawthorne out of the way to pick another ribcage open.

Hawthorne picks up the spear guard...

And heroically throws him at the knight!

Naturally, being a missile, the spear guard explodes. Of course, everyone knows platemail is explosion proof.

An archer comes around the corner, and fires at the friendly little alien! And he beats the poor little guy's armour. But then, for what may well be the first time in Brikwars history, a hero redshirts for a regular minifig. Boris gives up a tile on his dice to save the NPC, paying back his blood debt for unlocking his heroic potential.

The redshirting also put Boris in a better position to grab a spear and murder the archer. Tactical redshirting is apparently a thing in this system. This also lifts the rest of the fog of war showing this prison cell is fairly crowded.

Hawthorne axes his way through the deflection of the knights armour. He hears a click when he steps on the brown circle, what could it be??

“Oooh noooo... you went and stepped on me.. and I have an explosive temper. I'm so sorry, but I do have to explode you now.”

BOOM!

Oh look, the next section! Thankfully there's some sort of weird game mechanic shimmery wall of obscurement randomly in the middle of the hallway!

During some reshuffling, Hawthorne grabs the Barbaric Spikey Shoulders, unlocking his Rage ability (Oh and his Sailor profession, but come on, we're underground, why would that be relevant??).
Rage: When a tile is lost, your next melee attack that hits before the end of your next turn gains one damage dice if you had a Barbarian tile showing (The Barbarian tile can be the tile lost to trigger this ability). This turned out later to be a really nice ability.
Icharos opens the cell, freeing two half-orcs and a really angry dude.
Jester (Crying, he's always crying. He is always talking in the whiniest voice you can imagine): “What, but you're not the guards, who are you?”
Boris: “Uuhh... you've been paroled. Come with us for your parole.”
Jester: “I don't think that's how any of this works but I'll go with you I guess...”
Section 2 complete!
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Section 3

Hawthorne angry! Hawthorne make heroic smashy! Hawthorne slip! Hawthorne get road rash!

Boris proceeds to kill steal Hawthorne. Maybe there is hope for him to be useful after all.

Angry dude: “Whose the happiest guy? Not the guy with two wives, BUT THE GUY WITH TWO KNIVES!”
Jester: “Why are you getting weapons and fighting?? What kind of parole is this??”

Oh no. It's heavy shields planted in a chokepoint. I'm sure it won't take like seven turns to get past this.

1 on skill roll

I can't remember what happened, but it was something like Icharos failed a jumping feat and instead got stuck hovering by the door unable to move for awhile. Given the section the report, it was probably off rolling a 1 on the heroic feat. Either way, he listens at the door and hears a conversation while unlocking but deliberately leaving it shut:
Voice 1: “You sure this is all necessary? We're already finding him guilty.”
Voice 2 (With a terrible french accent): “C'est not enough to find him le guilty. He must be super-mega-fancy-guilté! We need to scare the people into supporting a war for the military industrial complex!”
Voice 3: We don't even HAVE one of those.
Voice 2: Yet. Now, take your service fees.
Voice 3: You mean bribes.
Voice 2: Whatever, just take your silly amounts of money.

Hawthorne squeezes in to roll a 1 on the skill roll to attack. It's a good thing we decided not to care about 1s beyond things fail.

Boris tries to heroically get behind the spear wall, rolls a 1, knocks himself and Hawthorne down.

Icharos picks yet another obstacle open. THANK YOU! That was painful. Let's ignore that right after this, Boris rolled a 1 to attack. Hawthorne redshirts to trigger his rage. This..

Is a very good tactic.

Hawthorne has enough move left to enter the room. He tries to be all intimidating and scary, but the people in the room just don't care.

Boris tries to crowdsurf on the door to get in, but gets confused by how to remove the door.

Icharos goes for the Assassin's Creed style attack. Instead, it's as if I attempted one of those and he faceplants.

The Clerics realise they may have offended their gods by accepting bribes to try to establish a military industrial complex when Hawthorne smashes one.

The best time to stab heros is when they're down.

Boris charges the Cleric. “Frame this!”. The Cleric will be doing no such thing, for he is now deceased of a spear impalement.

“Oh, zis is not wha-hine. Zis is flammidable!

Really, all this did was give Hawthorne rage to kill him. Of course, when the boss dies, the chests all open revealing GOOOOOOLD!! And the one that would have gone to character #4 is somehow empty. Wow, how did it work out that each hero gets exactly one chest full of gold?? Oh and a potion each that will probably never be used because we all know how consumable items work in an RPG.

Boris feels called to the barrel, opening it.

Giving him a costume change into his former chief's armour! Now, by right of technicality when your tribe is wiped out except for you, Boris is the chief! This unlocks his Bard tool and his special ability:
Inspiration: Requires Inspiration tile. Spend 2” of move to Bless 1 ally within your move range until your next turn.
This ability is the only reason anyone bothered to level move because apparently I was supposed to give 5” per move pip instead of 1” and it was just hilariously underpowered.

Icharos disables a sentient landmine “Ah thank you for not exploding me. My daughter has a ballet recital tomorrow that she would be very disappointed if I missed it.”

Section 3 complete! Rest assured, the Jester spent the entire time crying, driving the players nuts.

At this point, the heros are getting to be fairly strong, most dice sides have 3+ pips if not the hero side. Reliably getting large skill dice, and damage dice. Massive amounts of HP, everyone has their class tool.
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Section 4

But now we're out of the cave and into the base of the tower! Boris faintly detects some funky beats.

Boris manages to convince the landmine that they are in fact guards.

The landmine decides he needs to go warn the other landmines of this fact since they're not really in uniform.

Hawthorne gets the killing started in the tower.

Some fog of war lifts. A guard seems determined to NOT look the way the heros are coming from for some reason.

But more importantly, Hawthorne keeps the killing going.

And then Boris finishes off this squad.

Philthy Criminal Peasant: “Who are you?”
Icharos: “I'm your lawyer. Just hold on, we'll be taking you to your trial.”
Philthy Criminal Peasant: “That doesn't sound right, aren't the guards supposed to take us for our trial?”
Icharos: “Minor complications with the guards being unavailable. Either way, we'll just get the cell unlocked then off to your uuuhh trial.”
Philthy Criminal Peasant: “Okay, if you say so. Everyone knows demons make the best lawyers, I'm feeling good about our case.”

Hawthorne tries to open the cell, but just herniates a disc and will recover from it in like a turn. That's how herniated discs work right? (Note: I am not a doctor)

Boris continues advancing towards the funky beats and he finds... it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcik_OTIaXY

Disco Dancer: “Yeah, you're doing great, let's step this up a notch!”
Half-Orc: “GET ME OUT OF HERE! THIS IS JUST CRUEL! HE'S JUST GOING FASTER AND FASTER I CAN'T KEEP UP! STAYING AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Icharos heroically puts an end to the cruelty by letting the poor half-orc out of the cell by unlocking two doors at once, like a proper hero. The Disco Dancer just keeps dancing faster and faster. It's downright terrifying.
Icharos: “Make sure you grab weapons for your trial.”
Philthy Criminal Peasant: “Um, won't that just make us look super guilty?”
Icharos: “No, it will make you look responsible for not leaving weapons lying around.”

Boris: “Here, take this”
Landmine: “Whoa, careful, don't get me to excited or I'll blow!”
Guard: “I don't want it.”

Landmine: “YOU DON'T WANT ME??? HOW DARE YOU!”

The explosion is so massive Boris crashes through the cell wall, and finally, Disco is dead. Apparently walls collapsing kill Disco.

The other guard goes flying and lands on another brown circle...
Landmine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

Every day, countless sentient landmines are killed by careless heroes. Do your part to end landmine abuse. Oh and that guard is very dead.

Icharos goes to scout out the hallway. It's a long hallway, WITH NINJAS! What kind of sneaking is this? They seem to have a prisoner!

See? Not even remotely stealthy. Their faces are easily picked open. By this point, the lockpick has been used for more murder than door opening.

HAWTHORNE NO LIKE BEING STABBED BY BIG SPEAR! HAWTHORNE ANGRY!

And then Icharos proceeds to kill-steal Hawthorne.
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Post by Gorvoslov » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Section 5

The next section finally loads. CPU was overheating a bit.

A bit of wall clipping going on. Some weird graphics glitches.

Icharos sneaks by the trap due to lack of thief dice.

Landmine: “EXTRUDER ALERT!”
Boris is a bit less successful at sneaking by. Icharos bails forward.

Jester (Again, do not forget how whiny his voice is): “Whyyyy is there so much blood, someone's going to have to clean this up, all the explosions, none of this makes any sense. What kind of parole is this??”
Philthy Criminal Peasant: “What? Parole? No, we're off to our trial.”
Jester: “Why am I even having a trial? I'm only in for a week and I'm on day five already! It's been horrible!”

Icharos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

Sneak attack! But wait, what's that he hears?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-dWgt6cj1o

Oh no. It's the drunk tank.

“SPOOOORTSBAAAAAALL!! WE WON SPORTSBAAAAAALL!!”

“Would you shut up. It was a regular season game in the middle of the season, it doesn't even matter.”
“OH I SEE, YOU CHEER FOR A TEAM THAT SUUUUUUCKS!”

At least it makes it easy to sneak up...

Hawthorne continues tactical redshirting to get rage.

Slice and dice.

BONK!

And this is what rage does...

Jester (DO NOT FORGET ABOUT THE CRYING!): “THERE'S SO MUCH BLOOOOOOD! WHOSE GOING TO CLEAN IT ALL UP??”
The alien keeps falling slightly further behind each NPC move because he's got short little legs.

And down goes the maceman.

Landmine: “Oh, hello there. What are you doing?”
Icharos: “Breaking everyone out of prison and starting a riot.”
Landmine: “Oh bother, I believe I may need to do something to prevent that.”

The landmine uuhh... died for nothing. Icharos opens the drunk tank, unleashing utter madness upon the world.

Hawthorne “disposes” of a body.
Landmine: “Oof, you need a diet. I'll make you lose some weight!”
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Section 6

Icharos gets a sneak attack off before the map even loads!

There we go.

For the first time all session, our heros find a door that is not locked! Because why would you lock the guard barracks? There's a lot of snoring. And a knight who can't even hit the dummy apparently.

Icharos wakes up a guard instead of murdering him, and there's some weird graphics glitching going on but he at least doesn't clip through the bed.

Guy staying behind: “Oh, yeah, go ahead, escape the prison. Yep, just all wander out. I'll be here staying behind to start a cult of pacifism, using this as my founding moment.”
Jester: “That sooooounds like a terrible ideaaaaaa.”
Alien: “You. Will. Bring. Green. Destruction. Upon. This. World. Good.”

Knight: “WE'RE UNDER GKAAAARGH” and then he died.

Boris gives a lullaby to the guard who Icharos woke up. A final lullaby specifically.

“WILL YOU CELEBRATE OUR WIN WITH ME?”

Landmine: “I cheer for your rival team actually. I'll be detonating you now.”

Icharos courageously kills an unarmed man in his bed.

Hawthorne decides the bed needs some polka dots. And a corpse.

One guard actually manages to get a weapon as Hawthorne cuts down another one running by for a spear.

Yep, good job guard. Definitely doing well with that weapon.

The last guard in the room manages to not only get weapons, but open the door and call for help! Look at all that help out there!

Well, the help at least shot off Hawthorne's rage pip. He's mortal!

That... might not matter.

Icharos forgets that his lockpick is meant for picking locks and instead uses the lockpick to smash down the door. The letter says “Boris”.

Ah! We got a necromancer in here!

Nevermind, Hawthorne just knocked somebody's skeleton out of their body again.

Boris recognizes the type of seal on the letter requires an orc blood sacrifice to open it. He takes it with him to read later when the plot demands it.

At this point, everyone had completely full dice. There were exactly enough enemies to fill everyone's dice if they started stealing xp once the dice was full. I will pretend that this was always my plan and not just a happy coincidence.
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Section 7

“We will hold them as long as we can, get ready, they're coming! Archer, get over there, now!”

“THIS ENDS NOW! I AM THE LIGHT IN THE DARK, AND I WILL DESTROY YOU!”

“As my duty calls, I will answer.”

“Arise! Explode them all!”

Hawthorne charges in, and only succeeds at losing a pip to counters.

Boris drops a royal guard. Wait, royalguard? What are they doing here? Someone really, really did not want them getting out of here.

Not the best looking situation even with the first enemy down. That's a lot of potential explosives and some tough enemies for our heros.

The Paladin courageously stabs Boris in the back with holy fire.

Landmines start going off, sending our heros bailing all over the place.

Just the opportunity the landmines were waiting for!

Just keep exploding, just keep exploding...

AND THE NPCS ARRIVED!! COMING UP THE STAIRS THEY HOPEFULLY TURN THE TIDE!
Jester: “I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S EVEN GOING ON ANYMORE NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE AND I JUST WANT TO GO HOOOOOME”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlhgAkJBos

It was, in fact, not a good trick.

“Say Bob, why didn't they put a window in this suspiciously cracked part of the wall?”

“SUSPICIOUS? GET THEM!! AAAHHH!!!”

“WHY WAS I MADE TO FEEL PAIN??? PREMATURE DETONATION IS HOW I DIE?? I COULD JUST DIE OF EMBARASSMENT RIGHT NOW!”

Hawthorne doesn't like getting stabbed from a distance, so he smushes an archer.

A half-orc falls to a Royal Guard.

He is quickly avenged by his brethren.

One way to get through heavy armour: Force them to redshirt for a hero who is to cool to close off his helmet to himself get deflection.

The alien, in true brootalz style, does the greener good proud. By which I mean he rolled a 1 on his attack roll while a landmine apologizes for having to blow up anyways.

“STOP CRYING YOU YOU YOU CRYBABY!”
“But I dooooon't waaaant toooooo, it's the only emotion I can feeeeeeeel”

This time the spinning zealot is in fact able to do some real damage. Looks like a guilty verdict for the Philthy Criminal Peasant.

Even Icharos takes some blending damage, losing his hero pip.

“Offworlder detected, exterminate.”

Sentient landmines are not as effective against things that can bail though.

Or things that just welcome the damage because it gives them rage damage.

“OOOOWW THAT REALLY HURT!! DID YOU KNOW A HEAD KEEPS CONCIOUSNESS FOR LIKE TEN SECONDS AFTER BEING SEPARATED FROM THE BODY?? THIS IS SO HORRIBLE OF AN EXPERIENCE!!”

“NOOOOWWW I NEEEEED TO HAUNT YOOOOOU!!! AAAAHHHH!! A SPOOOOOOKY GHOOOOOST!!! WAIT I'M THE SPOOOOOOKY GHOOOOOOST!!”

Icharos remembers he has the first blood benny, and uses it to get the last blood. The zealot explodes, leaving behind neither flesh nor bone, but lots of blood. Like, a lot a lot of blood.
Last edited by Gorvoslov on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorvoslov
Officer

Post by Gorvoslov » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:07 pm

Epilogue:

Using I don't know, bedsheets and chains or something, the party drops down the hole in the wall to the beach.

There's the boat, but where could they possibly get seacharts to know where they're going??

Hawthorne knows! Anton's Bait Shop, for all your seafaring needs!

ding ding
“Welcome to Anton's Bait Shop! Ah, Hawthorne, I've been expecting you. You've got a store credit for exactly all those seacharts you're looking for, great, now get out of here before the smell of stale blood covers up the smell of rotting fish, I have a brand to keep up you know.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuYf0taXoNw

And so, our gang of misfits sails off to retire to a peaceful life of fishing. By which I mean inevitably turning to piracy.

Luckily Hawthorne actually knows how to steer a boat, otherwise this would probably be a very shortlived seafaring career for everyone.

Beach/Tower shots.

The caves.

Final Overwatch.

This was about forty turns played throughout an eight hour session, plus food break. A few things determined about the progression system being used: Just having extra pips makes heros near invincible, redshirting becomes way more interesting if it doesn't kill you. Making the decision that high damage rolls couldn't overkill multiple pips per attack may have been a wrong one. Move was worthless, Skill was overpowered. Armour actually felt decent, but Skill was just so much better. Definitely splitting skill dice and damage dice sizes apart in the future. I'll thank my DnD group for humouring me on this. I'll be sure to remember this next time I'm DMing and start off with FIREBALL!

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:21 am

Gameplay - 5
Photography - 4
Violence - 5
Writing - 5
Overall Appeal - 4
Great effort in game mechanics, character development and storytelling make this a very entertaining read. Great inclusion of the alien theme, also. And an appropiate amount of blood and violence for a hellhunt battle! :tiger:
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:27 pm

Gameplay - 5
Photography - 4
Violence - 3
Writing - 5
Overall Appeal - 5

Fun battle! Loved your writing. Good work!

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:59 am

Gameplay - 5
Photography - 3
Violence - 4
Writing - 5
Overall Appeal - 5

Loved this so much. Hilarious writing for the party members and converting a 1-shot campaign into a brikwars game is something I'd like to see more often.