My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Now were talking.

The recovery lasted roughly 5 turns. Remember that you can loot (basically) anything, from food that can be eaten later to weapon and armor pieces that will increase your stats.

"Haha, the same trick won't work on me twice, no naturemancer is a match for my Astral Flair!", says Flash as he proceeds to free himself from the tree.

"At last, the scourge of naturemancy is purged from these lands! Thanks to the quick and heroic actions of myself, the Magnificent Captain Flash Maxwell, it would seem that the day is saved once again! Its times like these that reveal that I truly am the universe's greatest Captain!"

The Possessed Savage retake possession of an axe.

He then heads back for the mountain.

Looking for a path to go and help the others, the Post-Apoc Survivor realizes that there is no way he can go through the forest because of the fire. He has to go the long way around.

“Gonna need this..”

He then heads for the rest of the group, a little behind the Possessed Savage.

He stops by the Space Detective corpse.

Time to put those medikal skills to good use..
Reviving the Space Detective required major amputations but it worked.. (The Post-Apoc Survivor gains +6xp!)

Flash recovers his beamsaber and gets to Garth.

"Do not worry, loyal Orc, your brave and heroic Captain would never leave you behind! Now, lets see, how did this go in spacefleet med training... ah yes, just sever these arteries and..."

1 amputation was required to revive Garth.
Flash gains +5xp!

Flash puts his beamsaber in his inventory so that he and Garth can bring the chest to the Raiders.

"Here you are sir Guardian, the chest you required for safe passage to the golden city you guard with such passion! An honest wage for a noble man and his loyal crew! And don't worry about thanking me for taking care of those naturemancers for you, though I'm sure you are in awe of my considerable talents, I can assure you I only use them for the benefit of the universe, and the simple knowledge that I have saved it yet again, is thanks enough!"
Flash then remarks offhand to himself:
"Ah, my sheer talent and unadulterated awesome are only matched by my humility!"

Back to his corpse, Carlos spirit gets ready to leave his host and revive himself through sheer strength of will and spirit and psyche..

Behind him, the Post-Apoc Survivor revives Jaras (+6xp!)

With the added power of the Almighty Benny, Carlos was able to revive himself..
Carlos gains +9xp! - Level up!
This had the unfortunate side effect of freeing the mind of the Savage, who instantly attack Carlos..

But the beast is shot in the back by the Space Detective!

The Space Detective gains +9xp and reaches level 4!

He then eat some apples to recover his missing hit points.

So do Mosm and the Post-Apoc Survivor.

After recovering their gears, Jaras and Carlos start to plan their next move.
“You think we should go in the cave?”
“There's only one way to know for sure.”

Flah turns around while the leader pry the chest open using his crowbar.
"Now, to put those considerable talents, and dashing flair of mine to use saving the remainder of my trusty crew!"

He then proceeds to check the content.

“A short sword..”

“A crystal worth 100cp”

“A vitality potion”

“A bottle of vodka.”

“VODKA!!”
Vera is revived.

First dropping his axe, the Post-Apoc Survivor moves in the open, pointing his arm to the sky.
"My brethren I know you watch from our low atmosphere drop ship I commandeered from the ESF, though you no longer recognize me as your brother, for the final time fight with me for glory and till death. Remember the city of Reyo where you found me bleeding in the gutters, you gave me a chance to live again, do so again and fight with me. I call upon you to bring the thunder."

“Yes sir it's him. He's transmitting on the emergency channel.”
“Send some Drop Pods. With the never ending fight on New Reyo II, that's all we can afford to provide.”

Overwatch AND CHARACTER SHEETS
Overwatch AND CHARACTER SHEETS

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Back in space
The SCS Avoidance was well on its way to our heroes when the crew picked up a strange object coming straight at them.
“What the hell is this??”

“Prepare for impact!!”

The stick misses..

“T minus 1. Reducing thrust and preparing for planetary approach.”

The SCS Avoidance is spotted by a frigate patrolling nearby.
“Control this is Patrol-21 reporting multiple unidentified spacecraft inbound. Repeat: Possible hostile closing in. Requesting backup.”
“This is control we copy. Backup inbound.”

The pilot hails the SCS Avoidance.
“Incoming Spacecraft. You are entering Noxarian space. Identify yourself.”

Two more frigates enter the area!
They are on an intercept course with the Avoidance.

BONUS ROUND
New factions avalaibles:

The Space Pirates (Scribonius)
- Objective: Destroy or capture the SCS Avoidance.

SCS Avoidance (Lord Mercat)
- Objective: Survive the Space Pirate attack and get past Noxarian security (i.e. Get to the left side of the battlefield.

Noxarian Security (Battlegrinder)
- Objective: Do not allow unauthorized access to the planet (i.e. Ships exiting the battlefield through the left side.)

Is there anyone interested to try this?

AWAITING ORDERS!
Please note that if I do not hear from the idle players soon, I'm afraid the group might have to continue without them..

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Increase supernatural power. Locate and retrieve badass knife. Also, what status effect do the cuffs represent?
Last edited by mgb519 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Vera sprints as fast as her lethargic body permits to vodka. "Give me vodka or give me death, comrades."
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Regroup with Captain Flash and the mercenaries to ask for information.
"I don't feel comfortable with that cave over there. It's an unknown to me. Do any of you know where it leads?"
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:55 pm

mgb519 wrote:Locate and retrieve badass knife. Also, what status effect do the cuffs represent?
The knife you had since the beginning? Already done. It was sitting near your gun and was recovered at the same time.
The cuffs are a reminder of the deal you made with the Deadly Space Man.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:03 pm

how about my soldiers are they under my control once they hit the planet

Orders: Hustle to the cave, covering for the others, also remind self that medical training isn't in my resume. And pick that axe back up I like it

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am

Flash is about to continue on his way when something catches his eye:

"Wait, just one minute! That lake- the sewage is being dropped right into it! As a Captain of Spacefleet, no, as Captain Flash Maxwell, hero of the people, and savior to the little man I cannot let this stand! It's a blatant violation of proper illegal waste disposal clause #247, they have to put the waste in barrels, and dump the barrels into the river, much more bureaucratically sound that way! Lets see..."

Flash walks (or runs if adding supernatural move helps) over to the river, grabs the oversized clam on the riverbed, and promptly uses it to block off the sewage pipe, inadvertently causing a sewage backup that will blow the entire plant next turn, causing a chain reaction that will wreak havoc in the city (use supernatural power to wedge the clam in if neccessary). (think, sewage backup, TONS of explosions, overflow, mutant creatures spawning as a result, etc. It'll be awesome!)

After "solving" the problem, Flash meets up with Garth and continues on his way back to the rest of the team, blissfully unaware of the ticking timebomb behind him.

"Onward Ho! To that cave, and whatever adventure awaits inside for I, Captain Flash Maxwell, to discover, and bring to heel!"

Flash thinks off for a moment: "Hmm, My crew should be here soon along with the SCS Avoidance, it'll be good to finally get in that posh command chair again! Hope they haven't run into that bastard Spacebeard....."

Also, Flash should snag one of the armor pieces the savages were wearing for some increased defense (provided its not the armored status, half move would suck) If he is close enough after plugging the sewage pipe. If he does, this would be his remark: "Hm, well, I AM basically the galaxy's greatest knight in shining armor, may as well fulfill the literal part of that" Flash should then activate Spacefleet's Patented Uniforminator, camoflauging the armor so that he is still in perfect Spacefleet uniform. (basically makes the armor invisible, so that he looks the same as he does right now, have to keep up that pristine Captain's look).

Orders for the SCS Avoidance (love the ship design btw, it's awesome!) have been PM'd
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:08 am

Looking back, the Brave Apocalypse Soldier notes Flash rushing towards the sewage...
"No, you fool, you blathering idiot, pull yourself together. That is not your city, think of all those who will die if you back up the sewage (though it does sound sorta fun). What will all your (fucking idiots) I mean your fans think, they'll see their hero destroy a whole city in the name of nature. There's no nature in this valley, there's only wild creatures trying to kill us and some survivors like us. Pull yourself together man, and come with me instead of trying to defy natural apocalyptic circumstances, or (cocking his crossbow) I can remove your foot and get my men to haul your ass back to Reyo II? Up to you. Make the choice

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:13 am

I am having Flash do this in regards to hilarity and rules of chaos :sparta: He is way too far away to hear you (Not that he would listen if he could, he only follows his own authority), let it go, it'll be hilarious if it goes off. Also, Flash is more worried about improper adherence to illegal waste disposal, versus the nature aspect of it. As a Captain of Spacefleet, Flash is duty bound to uphold the laws and tenents of Spacefleet- Especially the inane and ridiculous ones. :rtfm:
Last edited by Lord Mercat on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 am

Don't worry I know just throwing in a little roleplay, I am enjoying watching his antics btw, nice character Mercat

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:29 am

Thanks, same to you!

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am

Can I put my skill point in legs? Just kidding, I'm going to put my point in Supernatural (Representing my investigations into the supernatural), and use it to give my severed legs 1D10 move, then I will have them walk over towards me, and climb atop them, sitting slightly awkwardly and offcenter. If I have room, I'll put an apple in my pocket space.

I address the group, or as much of them as can hear. "That was fun, but I think we should aim for a more organized run of things, such as not running around with our heads cut off until they actually get cut off."

"That said, should we plan on moving into the cave? Or should we turn in the case and move to the next area?"

(OOC, when we turn the case in, will we be moved to the next area?)
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:08 am

Let's move into the cave, I feel that is the way forward

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:19 am

I follow Flash and also try to grab some armor, also i should be looking for better weapons/ a replacement hand. I should also start singing songs about smashing heads.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*