MODCOM

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall

Alcatraz
Hero

MODCOM

Post by Alcatraz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:51 pm

So anyone have anyone MODCOM protos for us to drool at?
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Re: MODCOM

Post by Vami IV » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:45 am

Alcatraz wrote:So anyone have anyone MODCOM protos for us to drool at?
Check the various posts that Badger's posted on the forum. Pretty sure they're all in Bricks.

the enigma that is badger
Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Vami IV wrote:Check the various posts that Badger's posted on the forum. Pretty sure they're all in Bricks.
I don't think I've shared anything about the BrickArms MODCOM system here. I don't really post info/pic of prototypes as news items anywhere online anymore, just announcements when BrickArms puts out a new production release.

As for the MODCOM concept/prototypes, last I heard they're still in development but Will knows folks REALLY like them. I finally got a chance to play around with some of the bits, and here's what I came up with:

"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:09 am

the enigma that is badger wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Vami IV wrote:Check the various posts that Badger's posted on the forum. Pretty sure they're all in Bricks.
I don't think I've shared anything about the BrickArms MODCOM system here. I don't really post info/pic of prototypes as news items anywhere online anymore, just announcements when BrickArms puts out a new production release.

As for the MODCOM concept/prototypes, last I heard they're still in development but Will knows folks REALLY like them. I finally got a chance to play around with some of the bits, and here's what I came up with:

:shock:

Hypothetically, assuming these made it to production, how would a fully assembled weapon compare to a 'standard' weapon in terms of price? Would it be close to the same, or 5x the molds, 5x the price?
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:18 am

dilanski wrote:
:shock:

Hypothetically, assuming these made it to production, how would a fully assembled weapon compare to a 'standard' weapon in terms of price? Would it be close to the same, or 5x the molds, 5x the price?
Hopefully/Most likely something in between. I would imagine no profit would be made selling it cheap but I can't imagine anyone buying it at five times the prices lol.

the enigma that is badger
Officer

Post by the enigma that is badger » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:27 am

dilanski wrote:Hypothetically, assuming these made it to production, how would a fully assembled weapon compare to a 'standard' weapon in terms of price? Would it be close to the same, or 5x the molds, 5x the price?
No idea. It's still pretty early in the development process, so talking how they might be marketed, let alone price, is pretty much impossible. That said, Will tends to know his market pretty well, so chances are he'd made sure they were priced in a way that made them competitive.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."