StarCorps - Origins

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

StarCorps - Origins

Post by MadMario » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:47 am

Prologue, Part 1

Somwhere deep in the Hangars of a StarCorps research facility, a team of engineers and scientists examine a derelict vessel that was recently found adrift in the outer territories.

Chief engineer: "Ladies, I bet you want to see this."
Head of research Amanda Taekin: "Eew, worst pick-up line ever, Victor"
"Oh, I mean... erm.. I didn`t wan`t to..."
"Relax man, just kidding. So what did you find?"

"Well, I guess you already noticed that an alternate version of the StarCorps logo is attached to the hull. Yet this is none of our designs. No technology I would recognize from our archives. The ship itself is rather unspectacular, except this device, that doesn`t fit the overall picture. It was definitely installed retroactively."
"Yet it looks strangely similar to the old devices we used many decades ago. Can you open it?"
"Yes, Ma`am, but do you think it`s a good idea to..."
"Do it."

"Okay, just gimme a sec"
He climbs over a small support on which the device seems to be mounted and reaches for a release mechanism he found before. The device shortly clicks and the front hatch opens.
"There you go."
"Just what I thought. Old data storage units! Very chunky but extremely durable. Whoever was on this ship wanted to preserve the information on it for posterity."

Researcher Peggy Shness: "Yay, age-old data files. Like an old copy of tetris or something? Meh."
"Oh shut you just up, Peggy! Much more comprehensive than that! These disks` capacity is enormous, they could contain the knowledge of an entire civilization."
"Um, yeah. if you say so."
"Just let me scan these disks and contact the Officer of the science department. He needs to see this. What a huge and exceptional find!"
"That`s what she said..."
"Shut up, Victor!"

to be continued
ImageImageImage

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Re: StarCorps - Origins

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing more of this

Space Bunny
Hero

Post by Space Bunny » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Really good! Can’t wait to see what happens next!
Spoiler
Show
The moon is smaller than the earth. The earth is smaller than the sun. So the moon is very very small

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Thanks guys! I am currently building sets and props for the next chapter, which is more time-consuming than I thought initially. Hope I can upload the next installments in about a week!
ImageImageImage

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:48 am

Prologue, Part 2

Nye Tyson, Officer of the StarCorp. LLC Science Department: "So our scientists found some data storage units in this shipwreck. They tried to restore the data, but large parts are unreadable or lost, probably due to ionic storms that hit the ship befor we found it."

CEO Grayde Deele: "So then it`s worthless space junk, you say?"

"Not at all, far from it! The bits of data we could decipher were all the more revealing! In particular, we found several references of the old worlds that are mentioned in our history records, as well as names of companies and corporations similar to these used by us. And one thing is pervasive on all data and documents..."

Tyson pulls out a datapad showing a symbol. The other councilors start to mumble in astonishment, only Deele seems not to be impressed.
"The emblem of The First Starfarers, the ancient nation that some believe to be our direct ancestors."

"Uhm, yeah. So we have some old names and planets and symbols. What`s the use for us?"

"Knowledge, Sir. Deeper understanding where we came from. Filling the gaps in our own history records!"

After agitating the pad with the symbol and the data storage in his hands for a while, Deele drops them parenthetically on the conference table.

"I see no profit in there anywhere. And not much information that`s useful for our business goals."

General Welfare:"Sir, with all due respect, this could be one of the most important discoveries of our recent history. The data fragments speak- among other things - of a well hidden base on Ikan, which we occupied some time ago. It would save lots of expenses to investigate a planet we already control. Just send an expedition team there for a few days and see what happens. Just think of what unimagined treasures could be concealed in that hidden base..."

Deele throws an angry look at the pad on the table.

"Do the other officers agree with Welfare`s opinion?"

All council members eagerly nod, each one curious about the things that are to be found.
Deele mumbles something unintelligibly. He is obviously not pleased with the decision at all, but he is overruled.

"Well then. Be it. Tyson!"

"Yes, Sir?"

"You assemble a team to find that base on Ikan. They have one week to get me something useful."

"As you wish, Sir."
ImageImageImage

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:42 am

:omnom:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage