W.I.T.C.H.-Hunt - The Prologue

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Note: I wanted to participate in this year`s Halloween Hellhunt at all costs, and intended it to be my first hosted forum battle. But due to IRL-events and work and stuff it became critical in terms of time, so I decided to split it up into a soap introduction (what you`ll find below here), and a battle report witch - err... which I`ll post later (as soon as it`s played through). Yes, I`ll host a forum battle soon, but I want it to be epic. I tend to be a little too perfectionist in such things, unfortunately.

The Henndirro Galaxy. Not yet a big player in the Brikverse, but home to many potential and powerful factions. Due to time- and space-corrupting events in nearby galaxies - Ragnablok, Brootal Invasions, Portals to the Negaverse and Turmoils in the Anno Galaxy to name a few - the distribution of power is changing quickly at the moment, with new factions emerging and well-known ones perishing...

Henndirro is a ring shaped galaxy, so most of the action takes part on the vast outer circle. Only a few stars and systems are found at the inside. One of this remote systems is the Hex System, abandoned long time ago by most starfarers. It`s rumoured to be cursed, and stories of vanishing ships and adventurers going mental only stoke these fears...

One of the inhabitable planets - Striga - houses many ancient ruins. One prominent ruin is dubbed "The Bursted Cauldron", and the legends claim that once a powerful sisterhood of witches used the energy of leylines on the planet to wreak havoc in the whole Brikverse. Some concordant stories even assert that the infamous Bley-shift of BR 2,004 had its origins here, and that it was a consequence of a failed spell that the sisterhood tried to cast here.

But today, as Koincidence would have it, the silence of the long abandoned ruins is disturbed by several trespassers...

A gang of construction workers strives the field.
Foreman: "Well, here`s where our employer wants us to seek for salvageable materials. The ceremonial buildings here used to contain lots of noble metals."

A troop of MagnaCorp. forces arrive at the scene.
MagnaCorp. Captain: "So, here`s approximately where we should meet up with the other delegations of this cooperation. Apparently there are many Warlords Intending To Control Hex..."

On the opposite side of the ruins, a gang of IMA-Mercenaries enters the scenery.
Mercenary leader: "Okay, here`s the meeting point. We`ll wait for the other parties and start negotiations as soon as all are here."

A troop of EnviroCorp. forces approaches the ruins from another side.
EnviroCorp. Captain: "There it is. The other Warlords will meet us here soon. Oh, and don`t believe in those old wives` tales about this place. I´ts a bunch of old stones. Nothing more."

A team of soldiers of the Planetary Defense Forces (.pdf) - formerly known as Joined Planetary Executive Group (.jpeg) also enters the setting.
PDF Captain: "We stop here. Over there is the rendezvous point. We`ll have quite a good Overwatch from here. Until I state otherwise, no one moves on!"

...and finally, a StarCorps division marches up to the stairs of the "Bursted Cauldron".
StarCorps Officer: "Intel says that the illegal meeting of warlords will take place here. We`re here to pretend our participation. Mission primary objective is to identify the involved parties, gather evidence and then report to HQ. Secondary objective will be to take down the delegations, but only if HQ authorizes us to do so..."

And so it comes that many different factions approach an ancient relic, not knowing what special day they chose to come here...

StarCorps and IMA are the first to carefully make contact, assuring themselves mutually that they`re here for the warlords` meeting.

Same goes for PDF and StarCorps. The initial nervousness slowly fades at the members of each faction.

Only the MagnaCorp. delegation keeps its distance, not yet being noticed by the other factions. The Captain doesn`t like to see StarCorps involved in this, and decides to stay in the background for now.

Meanwhile, also EnviroCorp. and the construction workers get into conversation. Even if the latter have nothing to do with the warlords meeting. Their presence in this area is pure Koincidence.

So all of the factions have arrived and prepare for the meeting, when all of a sudden...

...the center of the century-old ruin starts to glow, and a gentle humming sound can be heared, slowly rising in volume...

Warping shapes and portal sounds start to fill the air, and at the base of the ruin, where heavy mossy stoneplates happened to be, a fireplace with cauldron appears...

...and with a *plop* ...five witches suddenly appear at the platform!

Hagazussa, matron of the witches: "Ah! Good to be back after all this time! Good to see you, fellow sisters! What have you been up to in the last centuries?"

Brikka, Mother of mischief: "Been there, doomed that..."

Baba Mini Jaga, the microfig witch: "Oh, I helped starting a Microfig Insurgency. I fueled the anger in the heads of some fellow microfigs, and now they start rebellions and kill their minifig suppressors all over the brikverse. It`s fun."

Tusul, the protofig witch: " ---"

Brooma, the herbal master: "Oh, I`ve made up several... wait. We`re not alone here!"

The witches get aware of the numerous visitors who gathered around their holy place. They`re not amused. And of course due to the special effects firework that occured around the cauldron, all the attention of the factions is now centered on the witches. Only the construction workers try to leave the scenery. They don`t want to be part of whatever is happening here.

Brikka: "You. Mortals. Explain your presence!"

MagnaCorp. Captain: "What? We were here first! If anyone here has to explain something, It`s you!"

Hagazussa: "And what about you, little unworthy ones? Want to tell us why you`re here?"

EnviroCorp. Captain: "With all due respect, why we are here is none of your business. In fact, we request you to leave this place."

Hagazussa: "Pertly little beings they are. What do you think, Tusul?"

Tusul, the protofig witch: " ---"

Brooma: "Well spoken, sister! Now shall we get rid of those pitiful creatures?"

Hagazussa: "Yes, but not without a little fun! Sisters! Raise your brooms! Medium Convertere!"

As soon as the words are spoken, a thundering noise swells from the center of the platform, and suddenly lightnings strike at each of the factions, hitting half of the present figures... *SKRRRRTZZZZZZT!*

The members of all factions are dazzled for a short time, and after they start to regain their sight, something has changed considerably...

Half of the IMA team has been transformed into Phantom Warriors!

Half of the StarCorps squad is turned into StarWraiths®!

Half of the PDF are converted into Zombie Soldiers!

Half of the MagnaCorp. team is transmuted to Fire Demons!

Half of the Construction Workers are changed to be Pumpkin Men!

Half of the EnviroCorp. troops are commuted into Plant Demons!

Hagazussa: "Ha! Now let`s see how you handle this! Go on, Kill your fellow comrades, before they kill you! Sisters! We have a spell to cast! Lets get back to work!"

And this is the situation everyone finds himself in. Half of their own forces turning against them, now protecting the "Bursted Cauldron", whitch the wich... witch teh wihct... which the witches have further fortified, and where they plan to summon something. whatever that may be, it`s in no possible way good for the Brikverse...

Battle report to follow soon!
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: W.I.T.C.H.-Hunt - The Prologue

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:40 pm

:omnom: dis gon b gud
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:06 pm

I'm spooked

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:01 am

simple yet effective premise