I need help with building some armies

Also, butts.

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Cracjaw
Minifig

I need help with building some armies

Post by Cracjaw » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:22 am

I didn't know where to put this post exactly, so I am putting it here. :mystery:
So, I have been collecting minifigures for about ten years, and I have built up quite the collection. But I need some more parts, I don't have the right parts to fit the types of armies I want to build. I was wondering if someone could help with that, where do I go to buy cheap minifigure parts and stuff like that. Do I use Bricklink? Do I use some other website? I am looking to build two main factions, the Karlovian Empire, which is kind of like a human Brootalz faction. And the Saakians. They are a whole bunch of soldiers that are kinda like space ninja knights. I just need some advice on how to build up my factions, and I don't have the biggest budget in the world. Please help.
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Re: I need help with building some armies

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Not sure about 'cheap', really depends on the parts you're going for and the distance of the seller. I use Bricklink and Brickowl to find the parts I need, had a really lucky shot at a cheap (but complete with legs/meteor butt and in perfect condition) Spinlyn minifig recently.
:d4: Beware :d6: The :d8: Dice :d10: Rolls :d12:

Cracjaw
Minifig

Post by Cracjaw » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:55 pm

Haven't heard of Brickowl, gonna have to check that out
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:47 pm

Just checked my order history from that site, it's embarrassingly big. I went on a spending spree for specific/hard-to-get minifigs, including that Spinlyn.
:d4: Beware :d6: The :d8: Dice :d10: Rolls :d12:

Bragallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Post by Bragallot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:47 pm

I don't know BrickOwl, so I can't say anything about it, but I've always been very happy about Bricklink.

Bricklink has a very user friendly wish list maker. The best way to go is usually to know everything you need in advance, then look for the store that sells the highest quantity of the thing that will generally cost the most at the cheapest price.

Sometimes it's worth it to buy certain items at higher prices depending on location or if you need something specific and it saves you from having to place another order, to limit the amount of times you need to pay for shipping.

There is a tool in Bricklink that lets you see which stores have all the items you like.

I also recommend going through the store's different pages to pick up stuff you may want but haven't thought about. So long as you're not paying a silly amount for it, it's usually a good idea to grab such parts, which sometimes can be alternatives to the other stuff on your wish list (this will again limit the amount of orders you need to place).