[Anno] Flight from Südburg

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

[Anno] Flight from Südburg

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:53 am

It is a time of chaos in the Eden sector. After the failure of the latest German offensive, Ayanami forces surge forwards into a powerful counterattack and local lords are forced to consider where their allegiances truly lie

The Markgraf's palace, Südburg

Markgraf von Südburg: You two are probably wondering why I have summoned you here. I have a mission of great importance for you two.

Anna: We can take it!

Klara: So what actually is this mission?

The Markgraf: I have received word that many of the neighbouring principalities intend to defect to the Reiists. While it pains me to say this, we have no choice if we wish to avoid annihilation in this battle.

Anna gasps while Klara remains silent

The Markgraf: I cannot risk transmitting a message, as there is too much risk that the nearby warship SMS Zentaur will decrypt our message.

Anna: So Im guessing you need a smuggler for that.

The Markgraf: Indeed

Klara: We accept the mission.

Anna: If its for the good of Südburg, we'll do it

The Markgraf: Excellent! The fate of our land rests in your hands.

The "secret" conversation has not gone unnoticed

The message finds its way to the nearest German warship, the SMS Zentaur

Messenger: Herr Kapitän! We have intercepted news that the Markgraf von Südburg intends to defect! He has sent two smugglers to carry the message past our blockade!

Node Commander: Without Südburg we hold only a 24% chance of retaining our control of this whole sector. Engineering, double scanning power and half shield power, the odds of Reiist offensive remain low for the next 48 hours.

The node commander swings its processor laden frame around to face an unusual Baka Boy

The node commander: Leutnant Fleder, you and your men are to perform a sweep of the spaceport. Capture and interrogate any smugglers. You are not to allow the local authorities knowledge of your true intentions.

Fleder: I shall do so at once, Herr Kapitän.
Last edited by AnnoyedZebra on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

ComradeGreen
Champion
Champion

Re: [Anno] Flight from Südburg

Post by ComradeGreen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 am

Ooo! I love the photography on this one.
"If you liberate my Gulag one more time..."- Green

Bragallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Post by Bragallot » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 am

That node commander looks rad. :)

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:21 am

thanks all
Image Image

Food_Truk
Hero

Post by Food_Truk » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:43 am

Love the spaceship shot with the stars, situation's getting exciting too. :omnom:

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:14 pm

The Zentaur's supporting fleet of T-wing dropships return to the mothership to refuel and take on troops

Fleder hatches a scheme to gain personal glory at the cost of violating the Captain's orders
Crew Member: We're being hailed by the planetary authorities!
Fleder: On screen

A Südburg security force commander appears on screen[i/]
Security Commander: We're detecting some quite heavily armed vessels coming as part of your convoy. Please state your name, rank and mission.
Fleder: I am Leutnant Fleder of Shikinami and this planet is now under the jurisdiction of the German Edensflotte. Resistance will be met with force.
Security Commander: The Bishop of Shikinami has no jurisdiction in the holy realm of Südburg![/b]
The transmission ends]

Fleder: Signal the Zentaur that the local authorities have chosen to resist our security sweep and to begin jamming their communications.
Crew Member: But the node commander didn't say anything about taking control of the planet!
Fleder: Would you rather die in glorious battle or live your life as a nameless clone?
Crew Member: Yes sir, signalling the Zentaur now..

A fleet of outdated J-wing fighters of the Südberg security force(SSF) fly out to oppose the Shikinami T-wings but their low power turbolasers struggle to penetrate the thick ablative armour of the dropships

One desperate pilot rams a dropship

Despite the heroic efforts of the SSF pilots and surface based turbolaser gunners, only a token resistance can be made against the oncoming T-wings and they soon breach the planet's defences on their way to the drop zones
Image Image

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:25 am

That Zentaur is siiiiiick.

Love the Node Commander too.

AnnoyedZebra

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:27 am

glad people like the node commander, i think its hes a holdover from the nehellenium days
Image Image