The Encounter On Nacroo - A Three Player Live Battle

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

The Encounter On Nacroo - A Three Player Live Battle

Post by MadMario » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:19 am

On Sunday, March 1st 2020, I finally was able to host a 5-hour live battle with three factions at our local Boardgame hangout - together with my pal raziel87, who lives nearby, and - as a very special guest - Duerer, who brought some forces of the "Federacja Polskich Systemów" - The Federation of Polish Systems - to stir up the Henndirro Galaxy! The story behind this starts here!

We start with a blurry Overwatch pic... Left the StarCorps (madmario), Top middle Poland (Duerer), Right the Clone Division (raziel87)

The mission objectives are - besides killing everyone else, of course - to obtain as much Maniac Beer as possible from the mysterious abandoned filling and refinery base and the surrounding landscape. There are several barrels, bottles and cans of both (currently...) known variants of Maniac Beer, each unit giving different points to the winning conditions.
To secure the Maniac Beer for final score evaluation, one could either let a unit bring it physically to his factions´ side of the battlefield, or spend a nearby unit´s complete action of one round to secure it.

Let the madness begin!

Turn 1

It is determined that the host may start, and turn order is clockwise after that. StarCorps begins moving in from the side of the field and immediately starts approximating the refinery. One trooper gets hold of a Maniac Beer Bottle and uses his action to secure it. First Beer!

One polish Aniol Hardsuit strives the nearby bottle bank for something drinkable, but gets nothing but an empty bottle, which was to expect. Maybe it can be filled later on?

Pulkownik Rakieta, the polish Hero, is more successful, as he finds a whole beer crate in a nearby shed, which he immediately secures!

The other Aniols encounter StarCorps soldiers and instantly shot two of them. First Blood!
The Archaniol War Titan enters the field and immediately takes down the StarCorps Titan Walker with one well-rolled overkill shot against a pathetic armor roll...

The Clone Division moves up, and the S.A.R.U. (Senate Anti-Riot Unit) approaches the polish flank.
It takes down two polish soldiers with its minigun.

-End of Turn 1 Overwatch-

Turn 2

StarCorps Forces move up further, the M.A.C.S. attacks one of the Aniol Suits and is able to take it out.
(This shall be the greatest success for StarCorps in the whole battle)

The remaining Aniols take instant revenge, one misses, one has critical success and adds several (!) d6 to his damage roll. The M.A.C.S. is vaporized.

Some of the Hussars pick up Cans and a Barrel of Maniac Beer, two of them sprint at a squad of StarCorps Troopers and kill them. Several soldiers move up to take revenge on the S.A.R.U. for their fallen comrades.
Rakieta is up to something. He plans to propel himself into the Mech´s cockpit...

*Whoosh! - Ploink! - Splurch!* - Rakieta loses his way, bounces off the S.A.R.U.´s Shield and lands headlong in a nearby toilet bowl - Heroic feat. failed!

The Clones´ S.A.R.U. fails to hit more soldiers, and the smaller Clone Mech (the Excavation / Assembly Unit) tries to make short work of Rakieta, but also fails to make enough damage.
The other clones move up and scatter between the Containers. One grabs a nearby pallet truck. Who knows?
-End of Turn 2-

Turn 3

At the beginning of Turn 3, StarCorps soldiers proceed, planning to enter and explore the Refinery.
All the Troopers fail to do enough damage to the Hussars and Hardsuits with their grenades.
A single Trooper at the western front walks up to the hussars and uses his action to secure a beer crate.
"At least I´ll die because of beer!"
At the same time the other Trooper Squad behind the Generators also secures a beer crate.

(This shall be the second greatest success for StarCorps in the whole battle)

Luck had never been with StarCorps from the beginning of the fight.
Two Aniol Hardsuits notice what the soldiers are up to and run towards them for interception.
Though two of the machine guns fail and get jammed, good damage rolls for the remaining guns lead to a massacre in StarCorps´ rows. 7 (seven. S.E.V.E.N.) soldiers are mowed down. (Did they hear humans´ laughter?)

Two more Troopers stricken down by Hussars...

Then polish soldiers surround the Clones´ S.A.R.U. and combine their attacks for a massive damage roll...

...even overcoming its energy shields and armor plating, the soldiers deal severe damage, yet the S.A.R.U. still has some structure points left.

On the Clones´s turn, troops move further up on two fronts. The S.A.R.U. charges into the soldiers, knocking some down while others bail out of the way.

Meanwhile the excavation Mech pilot has a sudden inspiration...
"If that rocket guy is nearly bulletproof, maybe he´s also nearly a bullet? How do I find this out?"
*Splurch!* - The Mech grabs Rakieta from the toilet and darts him at the nearest polish soldier.
"Yeah, He a good bullet!"

-End of Turn 3 Overwatch-

Turn 4 aka the "Turn of Shashliks"

With barely any unit left, StarCorps´ turn is quickly over. The Troopers ONCE AGAIN fail to do ANY damage to ANY unit...
Some soldiers finally reach the refinery.

Hussar skewers another Trooper. Shashlik!

Some polish soldiers take on the S.A.R.U. again, taking more Structure points of it. The pilot activates the "Matryoshka Mode" - and a smaller Mech emerges from the larger one´s wreckage...

...yet -still in Polands turn- the rest of the soldiers take out that Escape Mech immediately!

The Archaniol War Titan moves toward the Excavation / Assembly Unit, planning to slice it up with that big sword...

"Psiakrew!"

Instead of hitting the enemy Mech, the Archaniol drops his Sword and skewers Rakieta and the already skewered soldier. Double Shashlik!

Clones move, the Mech tries to hit the Archaniol with his AP rockets, but they go astray.
The Phalanx then approaches the Archaniols´ legs and attacks it. With more success than intended, the leg gets skewered... Quadruple Shashlik!

...but thereby the Mech becomes unbalanced and drops on the Phalanx!

-End of Turn 4-

Turn 5
Noticing that time is running out, it is collectively declared that this is the final round. Suddenly it´s all about the Beer!

Remaining StarCorps troops have neither enemies in range nor beer that they can reach, except one last barrel behind the refinery!

Polish Hussars, who already secured more Barrels in the previous turn, decide to celebrate the end of the battle and get plastered beneath the bottling station!
"Na Zdrowie!"

The damaged Archaniol still wants to kill that Excavation Mech. He picks himself up and grabs the sword...

...and succeeds this time! The Clone Mech is cut in half.

The remaining clones ponder on how to get more Beer quickly...

One of them has the solution: A hose from the large raw beer tank is removed...

Soon the others see what is going on - they take off their helmets and start to fill it with Raw Beer!
"Drinks are on me!"

-End of Turn 5-
-End of Battle-

Final Overwatch what a mess!

and the amount of collected Maniac Beer of each faction!

Though every player has units left on the field, Duerer wins overwhelmingly with both Kills and collected Beer!
Congratulations!

Well, that was my first hosted live battle, but definitely not the last! We´re planning on doing it again in the near future, and if anyone nearby wants to join in...?

We had a great time and I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as we enjoyed the battle!
Feedback always welcome!
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: The Encounter On Nacroo - A Three Player Live Battle

Post by Duerer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:43 am

Yeah, we def need to meet up for another game. It was a true blast!
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:29 am

Awesome! Love to see Rakieta in action

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:58 am

Great battle with lots of fun moments!

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:56 pm

Great little battle! Also, fantastic army compositions.

Also in this thread: Is MadMario the European Ken? That was a brootal defeat for starcorps...
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:08 pm

This was great. Always a great thing when we can meet up and run a battle irl.

Also yes, MadMario borrowed my dice for this game.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We hope we can do this again in the near future! Maybe StarCorps will even be more lucky then...
Ken, I´ll send you them dice back, they no workin`.
Greets,

EuroKen (formerly MadMario)
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

Pyro
Champion
Champion

Post by Pyro » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 am