[BB20] (Brik-by-Brik) "Quarantine Supplies" or Scalping During The Kanona Outbreak

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Food_Truk
Officer

[BB20] (Brik-by-Brik) "Quarantine Supplies" or Scalping During The Kanona Outbreak

Post by Food_Truk » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:44 am

During the Kanona (KANID-69) virus outbreak, some minifigs saw an opportunity to make a profit at the cost of others and hoarded vital resources only to resell them at an offensively increased price. To avoid and outrace the law during this chaos, Dr. Dick (not actually a certified doctor) took his business on the road in the form of a container trailer modified into a mobile supply store.
Design 1.0
Show
Boast: This was originally supposed to be a food truck to show off The Cookie Streak's trailer hook function (and to be true to my username), but halfway through the design my sick mind went "Hey, y'know what'd be funny and topical?" So it ended up being toilet paper and disinfectant hand gel being sold in a fake apothecary by a greedy fraud pretending to be a doctor. But at least I got to figure out that the round studs with holes are perfect for securing trailer hooks!

That medical sign plate is one of the oldest pieces in the collection, hence why it's so messed up. That thing survived 20+ years of chaos. The single-stud flats are for positioning minifigs and looking less messy without them as well, something I learned from the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Central Perk set.

Without the extra windows the trailer looks too dark from inside, it's also a great way to show off the products being sold from outside. Typical car necessities added too, including a warning sign because trailers are terrifying on the road.

The idea is that minifigs walk up the slope and pay for/receive their products through the small hole (with added anti-sneezing window to prevent potential infections).

Other side, extra window for light and door for entrance.

A view of the products being sold, stacked rolls of toilet paper and bottles of disinfectant hand gel.
Slight Improvements AKA 1.1
Show

Dr. Dick can now actually get into his workplace, the slope has been upgraded to hold sturdier with three claws instead of one, and the container can be easily removed from the trailer itself allowing me to build and place different models on the same trailer base.

Cracjaw
Officer

Re: [BB20] (Brik-by-Brik) "Quarantine Supplies" or Scalping During The Kanona Outbreak

Post by Cracjaw » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:50 am

Style - 9
Spoiler
Show
This is a really cool build, I love how it fits with your other build, and, well, you know, Kanona...
Substance - 8
Spoiler
Show
The use of some of the pieces is really well done, I especially like the beaten up hospital sign, kind of looks like the trailer has been everywhere!
Photography - 7
Spoiler
Show
A couple of the photos are a bit blurry for me (Maybe cause I'm legally blind in one eye, but that's just a guess) but overall the pics are really good
Boast - 6
Spoiler
Show
Not exactly what I would call a boast, but it still captures the idea of showing off, even when the original, and sometimes the next, version fails.
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Re: [BB20] (Brik-by-Brik) "Quarantine Supplies" or Scalping During The Kanona Outbreak

Post by MadMario » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:11 am

Style: 8 - A nice addition to the Koekjes Schicht car. they get along very well.

Substance: 7 - Nice feature wihth the modular build, good colour scheme.

Photography: 8 - Good pics all around.

Boast: 8 - Not as original as the Frat Boy Pacificass story, but still...
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:52 am

Style: 9
Topical and connects to your pervious build

Substance: 8
A lot of studs up construction but the clean colour blocking and fun details push it up

Photography: 8
Plenty of angles, a clear background and good lighting. Not a lot to complain about
Image Image