Idea for a competition

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Falk

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Idea for a competition

Post by motorhead fan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:04 am

Hello,

Over the past few days I have been thinking of an idea for a forum competition. It would be essentially a series of 1v1 forum battles arranged each time by an unbiased 3rd forum member, a sort of brikwars championships to decide who is the best player on the entire forums. The first battles would be rather small and it would end up in a final 1v1 with tons of units at once.

Sadly, I have at the moment a grand total of 4(16 more incoming) minifigures so I can't really participate aside from being some kind of organiser, do you think this is a good idea for a competition? Does anyone have time to do this?

Cracjaw
Minifig

Re: Idea for a competition

Post by Cracjaw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:58 am

I think this would be kind of cool. It would be the ultimate Brikwars Challenge!! (I only have about 300 minifigs, maybe thirty of those are PLA)
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

Infinity
Officer

Post by Infinity » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:42 pm

It's a pretty cool idea. I do have a lot of spare time and 400ish minifigs but I'm not that good at photography or organising stuff.
The most dangerous enemy you can fight is a man with nothing left to lose

:studgod:

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:54 pm

I can do the organising, what kind of camera do you have?

Spectral
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

Post by Spectral » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:55 pm

I feel like this won't really be a good reflection of the players. Forgive me for saying this, but I don't feel that skill plays into the mad mayhem of brikwars. Mostly just good roles.
Bleak Company! COMING SOON TO A PLANET NEAR YOU!!

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:42 pm

Skill plays into it at larger scales, but it's more about maximizing your odds by arranging your disposition of forces. Individual 1v1 battles in BrikWars are basically just a dice-off. But there are ways to make a competition like this more interesting:

6. Style points
7. Secret objectives
8. Rich environments that can be taken advantage of to give an edge to one side or the other
9. Surprise rule changes
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Post by Archduke » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:07 pm

What if instead of using dice, minifigures can choose to either Move, Attack, Defend or do a feat each turn.

Move - you do a move.

Attack - declare an attacker and a target in range, if the target is not defending they die

Defend - The minifigure cannot be killed this turn. This action cannot be performed twice in a row

Do a Feat - climbing, abilities, mediking, etc. Also heroic feats. If only one hero does a feat in a turn it fails.

This is just the framework of a possibility and people are welcome to expand upon it.
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

motorhead fan

Post by motorhead fan » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:10 am

These are all good points, perhaps each player could have each of several scenarios, the more players, the more rounds there would be therefore we'd have to think up more battles. For example: Capture the flag, siege, capture several buildings, hero assassination and so on.

motorhead fan

Post by motorhead fan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:00 am

How about we do it in 2 phases, at first, we provide explanations as to what forum battle types can work, each forum battle should be a 2v2 or 3v3 with a specific objective and scoring system, once each player has participated in, for example, 3 battles, we count up the scores and take the top 6 who fight eachother in a larger scale forum battle to see who is the best.