The Hunt For Ragn Valdr

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

The Hunt For Ragn Valdr

Post by MadMario » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Part I

Previously...

An old abandoned blacksmith shop, somewhere. Everything is silent, except some footsteps approaching...

Protector: "Seems empty. He´s not here, like we assumed."

Ameeno Asyd: "Good. Let´s have a look!"

The CSA scientist enters the blacksmith, after the Protector secured the room.

"He was here recently. And according to the amount of valuable stuff and tools he left behind, he will come back here as well."

"Shall we secure the contraband? Take the transparent materials with us?"

"By no means. We have what we need. From here, we can trace the residues of the Maniac Beers, and this will sooner or later lead us to him!"

"Leave everything as we found it. Let some of your men observe the place. We´ll follow the traces, and we already have our next target!"

"Yes, Ma´am."

...to be continued
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Re: The Hunt For Ragn Valdr

Post by MadMario » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Part II

Previously...

Skirts of the wood, somewhere else. Again, approaching footsteps are the only sound.

"Ma´am, if I understand you correctly, the traces of Maniac Beer led us here from the Blacksmith, but... this here happened earlier? Even before he possessed any of the Maniac Beer? How is that possible?"

"You need to think outside the box. You are too stuck in concepts like time and continuity. The Maniac Beers can be traced forwards and backwards in what we know as 'time', because they are responsible for all Rekonnektions and Retkonnektions that ever happened."

The scientist and her Protectores come to halt in front of a hastily dug grave.

"...and what happened here was a turning point in Valdrs life. Here he killed his business partner for base motives. That´s why the traces have very strong connections here. Now the traces of the Maniac Beers work like a spiderweb. If he moves somewhere, the 'strings' vibrate. And if we follow these vibrations, we´ll find him."

"Your move, Ragn Valdr!"

...to be continued
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

Infinity
Officer

Post by Infinity » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:27 pm

:omnom:
The most dangerous enemy you can fight is a man with nothing left to lose

:studgod:

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 pm

The fact you managed to perfectly recreate my blacksmith had me checking my shelves to see if mine was still freaking there.

You scary ass genius. I have to up my building game and actually make something resembling an army now.
:d4: Beware :d6: The :d8: Dice :d10: Rolls :d12:

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:52 am

Food_Truk wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 pm
The fact you managed to perfectly recreate my blacksmith had me checking my shelves to see if mine was still freaking there.
Oh, It IS yours. I put it back before you noticed. :warhead:
You scary ass genius. I have to up my building game and actually make something resembling an army now.
Better be quick. The CSA is hard on your heels... :srs:

We´ll see where this leads. Maybe post a sequel here, and we watch how Valdr and the CSA forge the fortune of the Maniac Beer storyline.
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:07 am

This was already an amazing storyline, but this... this is on the next level!
Going to someone’s house and stealing their builds just for a soap is a serious commitment and I really look forward to see where this will go
Keep up the good work

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 am

MadMario wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:52 am
Oh, It IS yours. I put it back before you noticed. :warhead:

Better be quick. The CSA is hard on your heels... :srs:

We´ll see where this leads. Maybe post a sequel here, and we watch how Valdr and the CSA forge the fortune of the Maniac Beer storyline.
Time to get me a guard dog...Or five.

As for the CSA, if they keep sending cute scientists like Ameeno after him, Ragn really won't mind. For those less charming to his tastes, there's always measures like L-MO!

Story-wise I'll need a bit more prep time (hectic week) and brainstorming, but this is getting more fun with each follow-up.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:32 pm

PART III

Several pursuits have occured, and after he retrieved his blacksmith, it´s been quite a while since the CSA had a real hint on where to find Ragn Valdr, the mad scientist who managed to make himself archenemy of many scientists because of his unorthodox methods. And for stealing the legendary Maniac Beer, of course.

But recently, some strange peaks appeared in the forcefields that are created by the powers of all transparent materials. And one of these peaks gave the CSA scientists a hot trail to his current location...

Ameeno Asyd: "And you´re sure that the resonance was created by him?

Assistant: "No doubt, Ma´am. The signature is uniqe, and the systems confirmed it several times."

"Excellent. The moment we´ve waited for several months! You! Call in every available Protector. And every AT as well! Prepare the transport ships! This time he won´t escape!"

And soon, several ships packed with Protectores (the elite soldiers of the CSA) and ATs (Aggressori Terroristae, the standard troops) head to the origin of the signals, a place only known as "The basement of someone´s Mom".

"Sensors show no noteable defense measures. We will teleport two of you in to arrest him, the rest will enclose the building and make sure he won´t escape."

The soldiers and troops answer in unison "Yes, Ma´am!"

Ragn Valdr sits in front of an old computer, combing throug loads of experimental data, recently gathered from a test subject (codename Trollolo) that appeared in the lab out of a sudden.

Ragn: "Interesting, seems as if this poor creature was transformed by..."

Suddenly, generic energy forcefield noises fill the air.

Ragn: "Not again! What is this place? A catchment basin for portals?"

Quickly he grabs his gun and turns toward the source of the noises.

Protector Captain: "Hold it right there, Valdr! It´s over! this place is surrounded!"

Ragn: "uuhyeahyougotmefinallycongratulations..."

"What?"

"Nothing, go ahead..."

The Protector Captain seizes Valdr, searches him for any hidden weapons and prepares to get him cuffed.

"Asyd will be very happy to see you. She´ll draw all the secrets out of you. If that doesn´t work, she´ll draw all the secretions out of you instead."

"Gosh, man! Do they teach such lame puns in special school? You deserve death for just that reason. NOW L-MO!"

BZZZZRRRRRRRFRRFTTTZZZ!

The table lamp reveals its secondary purpose and sends several thousand volts through the Protectores. They turn to dust immediately...

L-MO: "Did you like the fireworks, Mr. Valdr? L-MO liked it a lot!"

Ragn: "Good work. But listen. We´re not safe here anymore. We need to leave. Activate the Hidden Underground Gate System!"

L-MO: "Yaaay! L-MO looooves H.U.G.S.!"

Ragn: "I know, but now pay attention: As soon as I´ve gone through the gate, you download your systems back to the mainframe core, erase all other files in this basement and then make a full shutdown. Understood?"

L-MO: "Of course, Mr. Valdr. I´ll clean up my room and go to bed, like a good boy!"

Ragn: "I´ll see you in the Quantum Inc. HQ soon!"

L-MO: "Have a good trip, Mr. Valdr!"

And with a buzzing sound the silhouette of Valdr disintegrates into all colours of light, as he is teleported to a far away place...

...and a few moments later, the Gate slides back into the floor, all the lights and computers turn off, and the basement lies in complete silence.

...to be continued
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Part IV

The Quantum Inc. Headquarters, located on Paradisa Isle. Heavy siege ships hired by the CSA circuit the buildings like giant vultures, preparing to bomb every inch of the island as soon as the orders are given.

Inside the main lab complex, the personnell is totally overburdened with the situation. Everyone´s running around aimlessly, except the nurse, who is just standing there weeping silently.

Suddenly a heavenly light appears, accompanied by generic "portal appears in room" sound effects.
Ragn Valdr exits the rainbow, which was created by the H.U.G.S. in someone´s Mom´s basement... (I love that sentence!)

Nurse: "Glad to have you here! What shall we do? We need instructions."

Valdr: "Your reaction tells me the CSA is already here. Okay, then. We´ll have to speed things up a little. EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!"

Ragn: "I´m not going to repeat myself. So don´t bother me if you die here, for I won´t be there to listen to your complaints anyway. Danny, Martha! Get your asses over there and take away as many supplies as you can. NURSE (whose name I never cared about and that I´m not willing to learn anymore, either)! You grab that Skull-in-a-glass and bring him out of here. I kinda like him around, even if he´s cheeky all the time. Try to reach the escape tunnels before they nuke the HARD-ON Collider. Ossumsauce! get this Maniac Beer Tasting Board off the island! It´s the most important thing I can assign you. L-MO! You upload your source code to the internet, you know, like in that Superhero movie we saw recently?"

L-MO: "Yay, L-MO goes on a vacation! Does Mr. Valdr come with L-MO?"

Ragn: "I´m afraid I can´t do that, L-MO. My mission is not yet fulfilled. I have to stay right here."

L-MO: "This makes L-MO very saaad. L-MO doesn´t want to go on vacation alone."

Ragn: "You have to. It´s important to me. I´ll not be away for too long, I promise. And when I find you, we´ll have many more adventures, okay?"

L-MO: "L-MO is not happy with this. But L-MO understands... Goodbye, Mr. Valdr. See you soon!"

Shortly after these words the screen turns black, and L-MO is gone. Ragn sighs.

"Godspeed, lil´ buddy..." - "Sleipnir!"

"There you are, buddy! Now come here, you need to do something for me..."

The giant red rabbit slowly approaches his master and sniffs.

"Listen, you´re not safe here, and I can´t take you with me, regrettably."

Sleipnir grinds his teeth mournfully.

"I know, but that´s the only way. You´re a free rabbit now, and you should leave this place as fast as you can. Until we meet again, buddy!"

The rabbit lowers his head, then slowly turns around and leaves the lab. Getting faster and faster, he soon is out of Ragn´s sight.

Ragn sighs once more.

Then he squares his shoulders, and takes a pull of his pipe.

"Well, then. I have to meet my faith!"

...and he leaves the fray, just in time before the CSA destroys nearly all the labs and factories, and he calmly walks along the shoreline of paradisa isle...

...to be concluded
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:00 pm

This is just way too good :tiger:

Spectral
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

Post by Spectral » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:20 pm

damn your set pieces are good
Bleak Company! COMING SOON TO A PLANET NEAR YOU!!

Most of my Soaps and Armory posts will be localized to this list
Anno Collection
So go on and give it a look!

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:32 pm

I have no idea what's happening, but it looks cool
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:05 pm

This is my favorite ongoing saga that’s come out of this past year.

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:27 pm

L-MO: "L-MO is not happy with this. But L-MO understands... Goodbye, Mr. Valdr. See you soon!"
"Listen, you´re not safe here, and I can´t take you with me, regrettably."

Sleipnir grinds his teeth mournfully.

Can't wait for part 5, it's been a beautiful story so far.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:39 am

Time for a Quantum Inc. cameo, I guess
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff