[Anno] Daddy Issues

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Spectral
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

[Anno] Daddy Issues

Post by Spectral » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Disclaimer: Edge ahead

CHURCH OF EMPLOYMENT

Bad Mike prays fervently at the altar

Bad Mike: Employmessiah guide my hand today while I vanquish my stupid dad, or make him trip on a gun a few times, I don't care just make it happen damnit. In closing, Employmessiah fill my enemies with holes and my vaults with Donuts. Amen.

??????: You're going to need a lot more than prayers if you want to take me out you traitorous lil shit.

Bad Tom leisurely strolls into the church

Bad Mike: WHAT THE FUCK!!! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF KNOCKING?!? GET OUT OF MY CHURCH DAD!!!

Bad Tom: Not gunna happen. We've got to have a chat.

Bad Mike's gaze remains affixed to the small icon of the Employmessiah

Bad Mike: Ugh fine whatever. Say what you have to say then get the fuck out of my church.

Bad Tom: Such a polite young man, don't worry, I'll leave you to play with your dolls soon enough. I've come to your dingy lil church on this fine day to tell you that your coup will fail and that you should cut your inevitable losses and rejoin the Company.

Bad Mike laughs as he turns to face his father

Bad Mike: Is the great Bad Tom, feared leader of Bleak Company, scared of his own son?

Bad Tom: Gunna be honest here, I just don't want to waste the assets necessary to put you down. The 1095th and 451st battalions deserve better than being wasted on a hissy fit. But more importantly, mercenaries willing to charge to their almost certain death in exchange for donuts don't just grow on trees yah know.

Bad Mike: Serving under me is far better than serving under a leader that refers to his troops as "assets". I lead my men through example, you lead them through fear and copious sugary confections. I fight on the front lines while you hide in the back on your idiotic battlethrone.

Bad Tom: DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE INSULT VERONICA!!! While it may be true that you're brave, gallant, and whatnot, I will still be able to put you in the ground any day of the week. Do yah want to hear a fun fact? Doesn't matter I'm telling you anyways. I founded this Company to make killing people I didn't like easier for me. The more people you've got backing you up the less likely you are to lose, it's rather simple math. Eventually I found out that there was also some very good money to be made fighting other people's wars for em. After that lil revelation we started getting more professional, I turned my lil posse into an army and then into a galaxy spanning business. You think there are rules in this business but let me tell you son, rules only apply to me when they're looking for jobs. If you actually think you have what it takes to take me out then I didn't do a good job teaching you.

Bad Mike: Long winded rants aren't going to help on the battlefield old man. There are strange forces at work here, the cosmos themselves call for your downfall. Your ravings change nothing, Bleak Company is getting new leadership whether you like it or not. Enough of this bullshit, I have preparations to make.

Bad Mike starts to walk out of the church, Bad Tom turns to face him as he leaves

Bad Tom: The next time I see you, you better have made peace with your god. Because you're going to meet him.

Bad Mike chuckles as he leaves the church

Bad Mike: Always good to talk to you dad.

With that Bad Mike is gone

Bad Tom stands there in silence for a few minutes, watching the doorway, almost wishing that Bad Mike would come back and ask to rejoin the flock... but he didn't

Bad Tom: Strange forces my ass.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Last edited by Spectral on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleak Company! COMING SOON TO A PLANET NEAR YOU!!

Most of my Soaps and Armory posts will be localized to this list
Anno Collection
So go on and give it a look!

Shaggy
Champion
Champion

Re: [Anno] Daddy Issues

Post by Shaggy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:20 pm

This is art