Also, butts.

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Rethinking the 4 Horsemen & the Dichotomy of the Brikverse

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:05 pm

This is a carry-over from a conversation on discord today

While working on one of my armies and thinking about how Ken co-opted the Orks from Warhammer into the Brootalz, I was doing a similar thing with one of my armies that's supposed to be "the Chaos" of Brikwars.

Upon starting a discussion about it, Some others like Bookwyrm mentioned how it relates to the 4 horsemen of the Brikopalypse. Peace, Justice, Stability and Poop.

Of course in a world that's all about war, the concept of peace and such is treated as a bad thing, but in-world, most people don't make armies that act like the VOL, Immortals or Brootalz, that just attack everything and everyone, we had 5-10 years of pretend space UN with people making alliances and doing peacetime soaps and the sort.

While looking at the 4 horsemen, We talked about changing the horsemen up a little and creating a "Dichotimy" of the brikverse, Identifying some of the fundemental concepts that people explore and often are at odds over.

We picked a number of "traits" that we would associate with each mentality or side, and arranged them in a way that it was layered, it wouldn't just be Peace vs War. but Peace and Friendship vs War and Angst, etc. groups in the brikverse don't have to be all of one category to "take a side".... and they don't even have to take a side at all. But some that do, do so in the extreme to the point that it is unusual, like the Brootalz being warlike, or the Polish trying to be peaceful, etc.

also. We wanted to in essence, create 4 "Chaos Gods" to be the foils to the 4 Horsemen. at this point we are abandoning any sense of good vs bad. Both sides of the fence have good and bad things about them, the words are purely subjective.

it should also be mentioned that for the most part, horsemen, gods, etc. don't actually exist, they are Ideas, more so than that they are deities, avatars, etc. (but we did explicitly try to create Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzneetch equivalents when thinking of the traits for the chaotic side) :studgod:

at this point this is still just a work in progress, but I wanted to post this in length to get people's opinions

Last edited by Kastrenzo on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Kastrenzo

Re: Rethinking the 4 Horsemen & the Dichotomy of brikwars

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 pm

I also wanted to point out that the Rich vs Poor thing is a little contentious, we had thought that the whole "Poop" thing needed to stick around, and specifically mentioned the deliberately horrifying ugly monstrosities people have made. And the only thing we could come up with as an opposite to low effort crap, was fancy, posh, trying-too-hard stuff. its weird.. don't ask.

that one by far is the biggest example of it being horribly bad on both sides.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Re: Rethinking the 4 Horsemen & the Dichotomy of the Brikverse

Post by Tzan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:00 am

This all looks really good.

and, as you said:

The Poop thing needs to stick.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:16 pm

Is this going to be the MBTI of Brikwars factions?
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:06 am

apparentley rayhawk posted on discord his idea of a version for this, but I have yet to read it, I've been either really sick, or really tired every time I think of it.

right now, I'm the latter. :cry: