|The Brikverse always self-corrects.
For too long has complacency and bureaucracy lingered within the universe as a bloated tumor. It was inevitable that such inaction would be met with an equally severe reaction. Ultimately, it came in the form of the BROOTALZ - an enigmatic legion of savage orkoids that erupted like green pus from a fetid wound and descended onto the galaxy. Fueled by nothing but sheer, blind hatred and rage towards everything, the hordes left nothing but complete and utter devastation in their wake.
The BROOTAL plague quickly spread beyond the invading forces. Other orks throughout the galaxy also experienced a strong bloodlust overtaking them, bringing the same degree of relentless carnage to worlds out of reach of the main horde. The concentration of the BROOTALZ' shared psychic fury culminated in a ravenous, astral gestalt that set out to feast on the minds and hearts of the inhabitants of Nehellenium, driving many to similar levels of unbridled frenzy. Others gazed at the brutality and scope of the violence and joined in on the slaughter, either to further their own interests, or because such senseless decimation seemed like a good time to cut themselves (and others) loose.
The BROOTALZ will not stop until the entire Nehellenium Galaxy is ground to dust. The heroes of the Brikverse prepare to make a stand against the savage hordes, not realizing that their assault is only a harbinger of worse things to come... things no one can stop.
Ragnablok is the epic battle, which according to many brik religions, will end the Brikverse in a flood of gore, fire and gratuitous bloodshed. It can also refer to the period of chaos leading up to the final battle.
There were tales that Ragnablok would occur during a Year of Brikthulhu, possibly BR 2,012. However, the Brikverse went through another great year of conflicts, but nothing so cataclysmic as to end it, and Kanon continued to grow. Some kultists believe Ragnablok is a punishment for resisting the natural cycle of Rekonstruktion that should annually reset Kanon. The Kanon reached its breaking point in BR 2,018, kicking off the time of Ragnablok, which continued into BR 2,019. At the end of Ragnablok, the Nehellenium Galaxy was destroyed, ending that chapter of Brikwars Kanon to make way for the next great age and restore the natural balance of Kanon.
- 1 Timeline of Events
- 2 Notable Participants
- 3 Artifakts of Ragnablok
Timeline of Events
Prelude to Ragnablok
- Trattorian Chief Scientist Dr. Ong successfully kills QS Colette, believing that Colette's death will eliminate all nonscientific heresies in the Brikverse. This instead has the opposite effect, as QS Colette was in fact the source of order in a khaotic universe. As a result of Ong's hubris, the nation of Trattoria is fired.
- Trattorian elites meet to prepare their response to the end of Trattoria. Though most decide to pursue new careers elsewhere in the Brikverse, a few elect to go into hiding, hoping to ensure not only that Trattoria survives Ragnablok, but returns on the other side to reverse the damage to the Brikverse.
- The Gold Sector vanishes in a mysterious event, leaving behind an empty void with a single planet in the center, the legendary Planet Butt.
- Soldiers from 27 factions in the Brikverse investigate Planet Butt, discovering a powerful buttifakt guarded by Whiteagle himself. A prolonged melee over the buttifakt awakens Brikthulhu, who takes the buttifakt for himself and yeets into the night. Soldiers from the Empire of Luchardsko recover a miniature buttifakt from the battle. They use the power of the Buttnomikon to secure power over the Third Alliance.
- Brikthulhu appears at the edge of Phoenician space, unleashes a computer virus throughout the Brikverse, and murders a bunch of heroes.
- Britannians investigating the effects of the Third Impact collect data about Ragnablok. They are confronted by President Bob and forces of the T.L.A. After blokbots materialize around them, both factions make a hasty retreat.
- The Polish occupation of Lietuva takes a turn for the worse when the rogue Field Marshall Ryszard Mazurek murders the delegates at the signing of the Polish-Lietuvan Treaty of Independence. It is not immediately clear why Mazurek does this, except in some sort of preparation for Ragnablok.
- Mazurek defeats one last attempt by Polish forces to unseat him, protecting his dark portal.
- President Sadow wakes up from injuries incurred at the Battle of Vilnius to find Poland engulfed in Ragnablokky flames.
- As the URP struggles to deal with the fallout from the debacle in Lietuva, Jerzy Durer investigates the portal created by Mazurek with the help of the Cavalry Squadron Lechranger. Using a war titan to distract Mazurek's defense forces, they deploy Jagiełł'oh to Vilnius to see the portal for themselves.
- The battle takes a turn for the worse after the whole Lechranger team falls to Mazurek's defenses, leaving only HunGreen to complete the mission. Hungreen infiltrates the base, frees the loyalist prisoners and kills Mazurek.
- Polish reinforcements arrive at Vilnius to reinforce the heroes. They discover the true nature of the portal, known as the Crown of Erebus. The blood spilled in battle over the last year has been fueling its arcane powers. In addition, the real Mazurek was replaced before the summit and has been held captive by Krull. Polish forces rescue Mazurek, but the Crown of Erebus flies off into an unknown region just as forces from several factions arrive.
- Luchardsko, Poland, Krull, Zoltan, the USSSR, Monet, the Immortal Empire, and Blokbots converge at the Crown of Erebus, each hoping to capture the portal for themselves. The bloody battle finally activates the portal, sucking in the survivors.
- The survivors land in Hell. Jerzy Durer is able to defeat the other factions, but remains trapped.
- The Crown of Erebus opens one last time, revealing the demon Erebus himself, known also as the Lord of Hell, Hot Dog Boi. Jerzy defeats Erebus by destroying his Crown, saving the people of the Purple Sector. As Hell crashes down around him, Jerzy remembers his companions fondly, knowing that his sacrifice will ensure that their stories can continue on.
DA BROOTAL INVASHUN
- Fleets of Da Brootalz, a race of khaotic orks once held back by Colette's influence, arrive to wreak havok on the Brikverse. Their first encounter is with an RC coalition force, which they massacre.
- After massacring the army, the Brootalz spread throughout the Nehellium galaxy and beyond. Their next recorded battle is in the Magenta sector, interrupting a battle between the IM, Technocrats, USA, and Celestial Kingdom.
- The IM's troubles continue as another agent of Ragnablok appears at one of their holy sites, the black horde known as the Damned. The team sent to investigate is massacred and the Damned begin to spread through the Magenta Sector.
- Brootalz ravage the Devoid Sector, putting an abrupt end to the Ecto Conflict. The rearguard of the Brootalz are engaged on Vígríðr Prime by vengeful Gunnar-Grim that survived the Brootal Apocalypse. They now pit Valbrand's Charge against the endless ork hordes.
- Continuing their invasion, the Brootalz interrupt the filming of Space Wars IX. Though the cast and crew are obliterated, the Rhamphonauts successfully defeat Da Brootalz and learn of a way to escape to a Post-Ragnablok universe.
- A band of aggressive children survive a Brootal attack on Saturnalia.
- Meanwhile, the Big Bawss Grimjaw celebrates his victories. The jubilee is cut short by a group of Blackrock orks who appear through a portal. The battle is fierce, but soon a rapport is established and Da Brootalz form the first of many alliances with native Orks.
- The portal technology provided by Blackrock allows the Brootalz to reach new regions of Nehellenium, particularly the Perwar Sector. Something unusual about Brootal technology allows them to ignore the anti-tek field and rapidly spread through the primitive worlds. On Medivo, however, they encounter much tougher resistance and are forced to deploy even greater war machines. Da Brootalz wipe out a warband, except for Squire Timmy, who disguises himself as an albino Brootal.
- An M-Throne patrol in the Rusky Sector identifies a Brootal Fleet and begins to mobilize a local resistance.
- The Immortals establish a foothold on Conselia, the capital of Trattoria. It is immediately threatened by the arrival of Da Brootalz.
- The Immortals desperately defend Conselia City from waves of Brootalz. The degrading ghost of QS! Colette makes a brief appearance and revives some scrap drones. A civilian tour group wanders onto the battlefield and immediately befriends the Brootalz.
Fall of the MoJ
- The spread of "Brootalization" through native ork populations scares many in Nehellenium. The planet Julien is destroyed to prevent the orks there from rising up. This coincidentally closes a major portal to the Negaverse, preventing Negabloktrix from taking advantage of Ragnablok to invade the Brikverse.
- Agents L and M escape Menagerie with the O.R.A.C.L.E. through a mysterious portal.
- An AN Peacekeeping force attacks the 5th Hobgoblins on Lavarenthe to continue the Orkish Genocide. Major Kezzler defeats the force and decides the only way to survive to strike back. He starts a quest to unite all the hobgoblin units in the galaxy.
- Kezzler's team discovers more hobgoblins on Lavarenthe who reveal the planet was colonized by the great General Lafitte. Thrilled that this could be a hobgoblin homeworld, Kezzler nevertheless suspects a trap.
Chaos In The Outer Regions
- An agent of Brikthulhu is thwarted by Comrade JAM, who then vanishes into a portal.
- Weird covens perform strange rituals in the name of Brikthulhu
- The Ayanami Sector slips into a dark age as Baka Boys invade from within.
- The Phalek Empire decides, in the spirit of Ragnablok, to dissolve its alliances and start a six-way war.
- An unknown faction in the Fringe System deals with an Adorrible invasion. Investigating further, they discover clues about Ragnablok on an abandoned research station.
Austin's Box Saga
- Meanwhile, events in Trattoria continue to unfold in unexpected and wide-reaching ways. Without Trattoria and its many corporations, and the nations of the RC retreating to protect their own borders, only the USA is left to support the AN, and it is not nearly sufficient for the job. Chaos ensues and the Immortals establish a new foothold in the heart of Trattoria. They mount a strong defense against the Brootalz and begin gathering all legions under the leadership of Sigma Shard. Former Trattorian Chief Science Inspector Dr. Scott Carlson pursues something called "Austin's Box," based on a message from President Austin that was buried deep in the static noise of Trattorian communication networks. He eventually finds it on Planet New York, guarded by President Austin himself!
- President Bob formulates a plan to murder every Warhead Shard, using the chaos of Ragnablok to his advantage. He receives President Austin's transmission and realizes that Austin's Box may contain the Antimortallium he needs to complete his plan. T.L.A. agents cross paths with Dr. Carlson and confirm his suspicions.
- President Bob deploys the W.U.N.D.E.R, a battleship powered by angel technology, and leads the T.L.A. to Planet New York.
- The newly powerful Luchardsko Empire, the Britannian League, and the T.L.A. face off over Planet New York to try to secure Austin's Box for themselves. Da Brootalz are there too, of course. The T.L.A. drives off the Britannian fleet, and the W.U.N.D.E.R. arrives to clean up.
- The Brotherhood of the Shattered Pane watches the events of New York ominously.
- The battle moves to the ground at the Great Battles Memorial, where Dr. Carlson reveals Austin's Box to the world for the first time. Luchardskoans, Immortals, the T.L.A., and Da Brootalz battle with the Trattorian remnant over the ragnabook, but General Blueguy is ultimately able to capture the book for himself. He agrees to re-ally with the T.L.A. and gives President Bob the Antimortallium from Austin's Box.
- President Bob follows the trail to the Antimortallium deposit as the TA fleet secures Planet New York's orbit. Warhead Prime arrives to confront Bob, but the battle is interrupted by the arrival of the Hatredcopter. The Hatredcopter destroys the W.U.N.D.E.R. and shatters New York, with Bob and Warhead on it.
- General Blueguy continues to search for the remaining Ragnabooks with the help of the T.L.A. Their first stop is an abandoned Trattorian research station.
- General Blueguy lands on Iter, where an Immortal deployment are attempting to breaking into the lab with the help of Bot Bragg and his Immortal scientists. The Immortals are routed by the TA forces. A Warhead shard is defeated, and Bot Bragg is captured.
The Raising of the Watchtower
- News of Ragnablok reaches Axeleron through QS Bookwyrm. He enlists the help of adventurer and designated Chosen One Galvyn Kent to return to Axeleron and prepare for the Konvergence before suddenly disappearing.
- Bookwyrm is pulled from his metatextual imprisonment in the Plot Hole back to Axeleron to find it swarming with the agents of the Horsemen of the Brikpocalypse. He discovers that he has been freed by Majistik wizard Vasith Vindelvuur, who tells him he is needed off world to deal with another important threat.
- The wizard Vindelvuur rescues a mining company of Novium dwarves from a combined Brootal/Blackrock attack, hoping to bring them into the Watchtower Alliance.
- Quantumsurfer Ken and his buxom companion QT are attacked by an Esduin scouting party. Fortunately, Bookwyrm shows up, creating enough of a distraction for Ken to defeat the party. Bookwyrm enlists Ken into the Watchtower Alliance.
- President Vader of the Council of 500 and Sir Gawayn of the Imperial Magikstrate find themselves trapped in the Beige Linoleum after the events of a space battle in the Ninja_verse. Their only way out is to defeat Brikthulhu.
- Also trapped in the Beige is the crew of the T.L.A. Pericles, cast there by the power of Austin's Box. Their ship is a wreck, but a team from the Space Repair Garage shows up to save the day.
- The Pericles reestablishes communication with the W.U.N.D.E.R. just as the crew abandons ship. Meanwhile, Jax Redbird, a member of the garage team, meets with the Street Shaman.
- As construction on the Pericles nears completion, Jax reveals that he and the Street Shaman are Quantumsurfers, namely Ninja_bait and Quantumsurfer. He enlists the Space Repair Garage and the Pericles crew to help him defeat Brikthulhu, claiming this will prevent an apocalypse of Ensanity.
- Jax leads the Pericles and the SRG team into battle against Brikthulhu. The Pericles' unique AT field technology and the SRG's powerful tractor beams are used to restrain Brikthulhu as Quantumsurfer uses his ultimate attack against him.
- Meanwhile, General Blueguy seeks the remaining Ragnabooks. He has pinned their location in the Ninja_verse, and hopes to find a portal to the Ninja_verse in the Trattorian facility on Iter.
- In the Ninja_verse, the Council of 500 and their new allies in the Rubrum Crucesignatis defend their homeworld from the invading Immortal Alliance. The DK Warhead Shard, currently wielding the Ragnabook, 'Brikwars: The Visual Dictionary', attacks the leadership of the RC directly but is defeated. When Emperor Auric steps in, Vader and Gawayn arrive from the Beige wielding the Ragnaclock.
- General Blueguy arrives at the battle and breaks the stalemate. Taking all four Ragnabooks, he combines them into the ultimate book of power, the Brikwars Rulebook. Faced by this power, and confirmation of the pending apocalypse, the factions begrudgingly agree to work with Luchardsko to take the fight to the Brikverse's ultimate enemy - The Quantumsurfers themselves!
Battle of the Four Rums
- As Blueguy lays siege to the fortress of the Quantumsurfers, the interdimensional bar known as the Four Rums, the Quantumsurfers get into zany hijinks defending their home. Archduke returns from his exile to find a new QS in AnnoyedZebra's harem, Green.
Agents of Ragnablok
- Brikthulhu and the Four Horsemen of the Brikpocalypse
- Da Brootalz
- Hot Dog Boi
- Rubrum Crucesignatis
- Empire of Luchardsko
- Immortal Empire
- The Grand Galactic Empire
- Phalek empire
- The Frostborne Tribe
- 45th Union
- United Systems Alliance
- Dragon Guard
- The Traveler’s Society
- Menagerie of Julien
- Galacian Imperiya *Only during the battle on Butt
Artifakts of Ragnablok
The Four Ragnabooks are artifakts that focus the powers of the Four Horsemen of the Brikpocalypse. This makes them highly coveted as weapons against the forces of Ragnablok. It is unknown what will happen when all four books are brought together.
The Buttnomikon is a powerful artifakt for epik battles. All minifigs who see it lust after its power, and will attempt to control it at any cost. It is the weapon of the Horseman of Poop. Its primary power is a Shart Beam, but it can also produce a defensive poop shield. It also causes Brootalz in its vicinity to critfail all rolls. Blue Guy of the Luchardsko Empire retrieved it from the Planet Butt during the Battle of the Buttnomikon and used its power to elevate Luchardsko in the Third Alliance.
Brikwars: The Visual Dictionary
Current wielder: Warhead D.K. Shard
Previous wielders: Secretary Snape, Warhead D.K. Shard
Brikwars: The Visual Dictionary contains all knowledge of all things Kanonical in the Brikverse, presented in a visually attractive form. It was developed by the D.K. Warhead Shard while in Trattorian imprisonment. The book is all that remains of QS Colette, the Horseman of Stability. It was stolen from Warhead during the events of "Enter the Ninja_verse" by the Council of 500, but was retrieved by an Imperial blockade. Its primary power is the ability to randomly spawn soldiers and MOCs from every known faction. It also causes Dungans and Shitgoats to tremble in fear.
The AN Charter (Austin's Box)
Current wielder: Blue Guy
Previous wielders: Dr. Scott Carlson, President Austin
The AN Charter holds a secret that would end war in the Brikverse - that no minifig is mortal, and that death is only a construct of Plot. This knowledge, if widespread, would cause nations to cease their meaningless fighting. It channels the power of the Horseman of Peace and can vaporize armies in a flash. The AN Charter is also known as Austin's Box, as President Austin was the one to discover the secret. He supposedly cast the Charter in Antimortallium, giving its wielder advantage over Immortals.
Current wielder: Brikthulhu
The Ragnaclock counts down the days to Ragnablok. Brikthulu wears it like a wristwatch.
The Green Transforming Mace
Current wielder: Kommander Ken
Previous wielder: Zupponn
The Green Transforming Mace, or GT Mace, is the chosen weapon of Zupponn. It can change its form but is always transparent neon green in color. Zupponn awarded it to QS Kommander Ken after defeating Pacifass, the Horseman of Peace in battle.
Current location: Valhalla
The hammer Jarnbjorn is trapped within the warrior's vault in Valhalla. What is it useful for? No one knows.
Emerald Glaive is a heirloom of King Darixus the Great. Legend has it that he forged the glaive from a stone that came from the heavens and can cut through all known materials like butter.