8%
Champs
4%
I don't give a flying fu--
50%

Total votes : 26

In the Beginning...

Postby Maj. Shawn » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:43 am

My cousin needs to learn the game and he doesn't feel like reading all of the crap I had to read. That lazy bastard. Anyway, this is for anyone who can ake pics and give captions to an awesome battle that beginners can understand. Remember: Carnage is GOLDEN! :D :D
TROLOLO
Maj. Shawn
God of BrikWars

Postby Bragallot » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:20 am

Just start off real simple. Use basic stats for all minifigs and heroes, and don't bother with the more 'advanced' stuff, just the basics of combat, maybe limited to parrying or countering only for starters. Keep the battle small 'cos a very large battle with limited rules may grow tedious after a while. Otherwise you'll have to explain rules as you go and the game will be slowed down, which is boring and he won't want to play another game then. Only when he asks about stuff himself should you go further with the rules, and you could maybe adopt a few new rules per game.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Warhead » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:32 am

I like to play with anyone who is laid back and likes a laugh and doesn't take winning too seriously, but still prefers to win. I think people who argue every point, measure things to the umpteenth degree and have to slide rule the odds needs someone like me to appear and decapitate them with a tea biscuit and their sisters used tampon. Just saying, all I ask in return is to ride their mom.
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Re: In the Beginning...

Postby piltogg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:24 am

Maj. Shawn wrote:My cousin needs to learn the game and he doesn't feel like reading all of the crap I had to read. That lazy bastard. Anyway, this is for anyone who can ake pics and give captions to an awesome battle that beginners can understand. Remember: Carnage is GOLDEN! :D :D

I'm still the only person in my brikwars group who has read the rules, and we've been playing for 5 years. So it's not really a big problem.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Arkbrik » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:15 am

Make the battle simple in rules terms, but otherwise as cool as possible. I'm going to introduce a bunch of people to BrikWars with strippers fighting rednecks fighting trick-or-treating kids fighting zombies, but it will all use standard minifig, hero and equipment rules.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Re: In the Beginning...

Postby BFenix » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:09 am

Maj. Shawn wrote:My cousin needs to learn the game and he doesn't feel like reading all of the crap I had to read. That lazy bastard. Anyway, this is for anyone who can ake pics and give captions to an awesome battle that beginners can understand. Remember: Carnage is GOLDEN! :D :D

Dude, its Brikwars. The rules are simple and fudgeable. The rulebook aint that big, in comparison to Warhammer or any other complex wargame. If he really is that lazy that wont even read the rules, then teach him
BFenix
Pooplord

Return to Reports From the Field