Visit Scenic Anorakistan! (Medivo Army) [WIP]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Visit Scenic Anorakistan! (Medivo Army) [WIP]

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Tue May 24, 2016 2:33 am

Spoiler
Show
The Chronicles of Malaclypse the Mad, Circa BR 2,003 wrote:And so it came to pass that the treachery of Ogel VIII; the Asshole of Angor, The Despoiled One, Traitor to the Majistiks; came to fruition, and the hordes of POOP did spill from their portals in the mountain reaches and flow downhill into the valleys of Anorakistan.

From the ramparts of Castle Perilous, Duke Ludo surveyed the grim battlefield of the siege outside the castle walls. The last of the Duke’s brave knights and thanes were pressing back against the final assault of misshapen and malformed beasts from the Negaverse.

“Actually, some of their stuff doesn’t look that bad...GUUURRRKKKK!!”

Sir Jackanape the Monkey Knight never got to finish his poorly chosen words, as the blade of Malaclypse the Mad, bastard son of Duke Ludo, split the knight’s impetuous skull in twain.

“Things look bad, my son,” said wise Duke Ludo. “But at least we will face the end together, and find glory in righteous battle.”

“Fuck THAT!” roared Malaclypse, “I WANT TO WIN!”

Those were to become the most significant words in Anorakistani history.

What dark forces Malaclypse bartered with and unleashed that day are not entirely known. What is known is that Duke Ludo sacrificed himself by hurling his armor clad body into the waiting maw of a POOP dragon to save his bastard son from certain digestion, and that the bodies of all the Anorakistani dead rose as one in a great army of calcified righteousness known as the Great Do-Over. Snatching victory from the jaws of death and defeat, Malaclypse pushed back the great POOP invasion at the forefront of a swelling tide of undead.

-- From a Brief History of Anorakistan, Vol 6
  • An assembly of but a few forces commanded by the Kabal of the Red Hand. The Red Hand is college of necromancers in opposition to the agendas and overreach of the Majistiks. They have used the isolation of Anorakistan to grow quietly, but what their true motivations may be few outsiders can venture.
  • At the forefront of this host of undead stands Gnarg the Ginormous, a zombie giant often used by the Kabal as a siege breaker. In the background, perched on an overlooking balcony stands Festerus Ghast, Dread Necromancer of Memnoch, wielding the infamous Aurum Ossum.
  • They do not know pity, mercy, or conscience, but only loyalty to the Red Hand. The ranks of the corpse soldiers of the Kabal are filled with dry bones, rusty armor, and jagged blades.
  • Chivalry is dead. Fittingly so are these chevaliers. Once great knights in life, now they serve the Kabal as Knights of Death. Overlooking the cavalry is the Carrion King, a fearsome hero of old turned battlefield general for the league of necromancers. Not to be overlooked, stands Tyrion Twilight, the dreaded Twinklevamp of Talongarde and one of the lords of the Kabal.
  • Here stands one of the most infamous members of the Kabal, Carcharigoth the Hellmouth, brandishing his fearsome sword and the vile volume of the Versiculum Vermiculus. Whether Carcharigoth is a transcendent sanguimancer or an errant blood demon no one is entirely certain. Behind him stands Lady Arachniadne, the Vampire Queen of Spiders. Below them awaits an example of one of the Kabal's necrotic siege engines and it's zombie crew.
A Brief History of Anorakistan, vol 6
Spoiler
Show
And then in BR 2,003 an embittered Majistik, Ogel VIII, also known as Ogel the Beardless, Asswipe of Anguston, grew tired of the constant teasing suffered at the hands of the other Majistiks for his inability to grow a proper wizardly beard. Framing the teasing in his own heart as full blown bullying and misandry, Ogel VIII embraced the dark powers of booty bothered and succumbed to full ‘Rhoid Rage. Turning to the dark arts, Ogel opened a portal to the Negaverse and contacted the very Nega-BlokTrix Herself. The last vestments of sanity were ripped away from Ogel, leaving only naked and unsightly madness. Unready to show Herself fully, the Nega-BlokTrix sent her Xenox Klerix and Nattering NayBobs to establish a foothold on Medivo. The eye Ogel sacrificed to see into the Negaverse became an artifakt unto itself, and to this day insane sorcerers search for the Evil Eye of Ogel VIII.

Tides of POOP flooded into Anorakistan, lead by a vanguard of dreaded POOP dragons. At the same time, a general malaise had fallen over the shires and fiefdoms of the realm, and the lords of Anorakistan were slow to the defense of their holds. Armies of negafigs marched across the land, painted in sooty washes and varnishes as if they were the rejected dead of a thousand dusty brickbins. All the while, the Xenox Klerix erected shoddy fortifications in the mountains to guard the negaportals that had breached into Anorakistan.

In Anorakistan’s darkest horror, Malaclypse the Mad emerged as the despot the country deserved but didn’t need. The illegitimate son of Duke Ludo the Enlightened, many rumors circulated of Malaclypse’s questionable heritage. Some said he was a dhampyre or a changeling child and thus inheritor of all manner of cool and awesome powers. Others said his birth was one of cosmic portentousness. Others said he was just another of Duke Ludo's by-blows.

Calling upon the powers of necromancy, Malaclypse raised an army of the dead from those defeated by the Negaverse invasion. In a campaign that became known as the Great Do-Over, the undead forces of Anorakistan pushed back the Naybobs and Nilbogs and POOP dragons and sealed the negaportals that threatened the land.

Following the campaigns of reclamation, a new era began in Anorakistan. Malaclypse had saved the realm, but at what cost? There were those who opposed Malaclypse’s claim to the throne, asserting he was an illegitimate son with no standing under the law. Others balked at the rulership of a mad necromancer. The debate was short-lived though, and those that would not bend the knee soon joined the undead legions.

However, rather than waging genocidal campaigns against the living, Malaclypse proved to be fairly even handed as raging despots go. His obsession was against the lingering negataint polluting the land. It was along this time that the first of the Hollows began to be born. These poor minifigs were afflicted with a spiritual malady where they would rise again after death. It was said that they could be recognized by the shade of their skin, which was a pale pink color like tainted cream rather than the usual healthy sallow shade. These individuals began to be known as Pinks or Peaches, and they became the easy scapegoats for whatever problem of the week might arise.

Eventually this hatred of the Peaches reached a fever pitch, and Malaclypse announced a new vision for Anorakistan.
Excerpt from the Anorakistan Will Rise Again Address, Circe BR 2,003 wrote: “Everywhere around us, Anorakistan is mocked! The dwarves in the mountains and the elves in the east will not parlay with us. The forces of Noobania grow bold again! And all this even though their safety was bought during the POOP Invasion with Anoraki blood! But I swear to you, Anorakistan will be great again! The world shall ring with our motto, ‘FUCK THAT! I WANT TO WIN!” WE WILL WIN AGAIN! We will drive the pink skins from our land and we will build a great wall to seal them out! AND THE PEACHES ARE GOING TO PAY FOR IT!”
What followed was the single greatest opera publica in Anorakistani history. The surrounding mountains were quarried to provide bricks to build a massive wall that stretched the length of Anorakistan’s eastern border. Due to cutting corners and a work crew made up of sluggish zombies, the wall was poorly designed. Poor drainage caused rivers to backup and flood the lowlands and quarry pits. Anorakistan soon became a swampy mess, filled with negataint and POOP remnants, with boggy marshes haunted with orks and nilbogs and tribes of dreaded dungans. The mountain ranges are home to surly dwarves, tribes of nomadic shitgoats, and many species of dragons. Errant bands of raiders and negafigs still occasionally arise, and the hills are populated by barbaric clans of minifigs known as the Snake Eaters.

Eventually, Malaclypse fell into seclusion and not long afterwards, he mysteriously disappeared. His personal chambers were found covered in fevered writings and disturbing drawings all painted in what appeared to be his own blood and feces. Numerous papers were scattered haphazardly, in languages undecipherable. The only trace of Malaclypse left behind was his own severed right hand, which seemed to be struck off in midsentence as it scrawled across the chamber walls.
From the Final Writings of Malaclypse the Mad, Circa BR 2,010 wrote: 375

Have you seen the Yellow Sign?

Is this a skully grail I see before me, its handle towards my hand?

O Father, if it be possible let this cup pass from me.

Under a yellow sun there sat a yellow hill.
Upon the yellow hill there sat a yellow keep.
Within the yellow keep there sat a yellow king.
Beside the yellow king there sat a yellow cup.

He is a King whom emperors have served!

TWO GIRLS! ONE CUP! TWO GIRLS! ONE CUP!

If thy hand offends thee, strike it off!

Ooka-wakka ooka-wakka didda-didda-chum!

This is the thing that troubles me, for I cannot forget Carcosa where black stars hang in the heavens; where the shadows of men's thoughts lengthen in the afternoon, when the twin suns sink into the lake of Hali; and my mind will bear for ever the memory of the Pallid Mask. I pray God will curse the writer, as the writer has cursed the world with its beautiful stupendous creation, terrible in its simplicity, irresistible in its truth--a world which now trembles before the King In Yellow.

Heavy hangs the head that wears the tarnished crown.

We are all of us merely toys in the hands of a feckless and wrathful God.

Tits or GTFO!

FUCK THIS! I WANT TO WIN!
=========================================================================================
Already put to shame by newer members posting quality army content, I felt it was time to at least throw something against the wall. So this is the start of my Medivo thread in my little sliver called Anorakistan. This faction is far from finished, and it likely won't be my only faction, but I had the opportunity to take some pictures tonight so I went for it.
Last edited by Red_SPAMbot on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:studgod:ImageImageImage

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: Visit Scenic Anorakistan! (Medivo Army) [WIP]

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue May 24, 2016 6:45 am

Really nice! I love the characters of this force.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Castlebravo
Champion
Champion

Post by Castlebravo » Tue May 24, 2016 6:52 am

Your army is gorgeous. It's very nicely diversified but also forms a coherent whole. And the vampire catapult is absolutely brilliant ! Great work !

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue May 24, 2016 7:50 am

Man I love the backstory for these guys. :lol:

Everything about this faction is awesome, looking forward to seeing more from you!

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Tue May 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Thanks guys! My plans for the Kabal are pretty ambitious over all. Eventually I would like to field about two score of zombies, some undead dwarfs, wights, mummies, ghouls, specters, stryga, vermin swarms. But the undead aren't the only faction that lurks within the borders of Anorakistan, and I'll be expanding on those as well, hopefully.
Castlebravo wrote:Your army is gorgeous. It's very nicely diversified but also forms a coherent whole. And the vampire catapult is absolutely brilliant ! Great work !
With the quality of your recent armoury additions, I appreciate the praise. However I can't take a lot of credit for the catapult. It's basically just a reskin of set 70311, the Chaos Catapult from Nexo KNights. I just changed up the colors and added a few more chompy bits. The skeleton hand addition I ripped off straight from Zahru. Though it does have its uses...

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 pm

This is really nice. The hellmouth guy is pretty sweet.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:27 pm

:666: :sparta: This army is amazing and looks just gorgeous im envious of the amount of skellies you can muster. Also do you play Warhammer fantasy?
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Wed May 25, 2016 9:48 am

Close! I play KIngs of War from Mantic Games. When Warhammer Fantasy went to Age of Sigmar and everybody lost their shit, our local gaming club latched onto Kings of War as the new game. A buddy of mine encouraged me to start playing. But since Kings of War isn't a "purist" game as far as make and manufacture of models, I saw a loophole. I told my friend I'd play as long as I could make my army out of LEGO. So what you see here is part of my tournament legal army I'm building for July.

But my ulterior motive is :belushi: ! One army. Two games. :mrgreen:

And while I'm involved I've been chatting up BrikWars too. I think I will be able to lure a few people over. I will corrupt them from within.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed May 25, 2016 10:04 am

Corrupt them with your red spam

Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Post by Zahru II » Wed May 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Huh, reshelled chaos catapults look real nice. Might just adapt that design myself!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Post by Half-Moon Molly » Thu May 26, 2016 8:20 pm

The Brikwars buddy corruption commences... :twisted:
yeah, I'm trans.
Spoiler
Show
[a n d i f you h a v e a n i s s u e w i t h t h a t i i n v i t e y o u t o s u c c m y g i r l d i c k]

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to Anorakistan...

Feast your eyes, and BE STRUCK BLIND!

Betelbrau's Nilbog Raiders

In BR 2,003 when invaders from the Negaverse flooded into Anorakistan on tides of POOP, among the many negafigs marshaled against Anoraki forces were tribes of negorks used as cheap and abundant irregular troops. When the POOP was finally pushed back, many negorks, identified as the V'Ogre, were left behind to infest and infect the marshes of the southern reaches of Anorakistan. To this day, they are still a nuisance, and warbands arise on a regular basis like a seasonal rash. The original V'Ogre bloodline has become diluted and stunted over time, and now their race mostly consists of spindly, slouching creatures whose misshapen feet can barely fit on a pair of studs. Not quite goblin and not quite ork, these minifigs are called nilbogs to denote them as negatainted hobgoblin stock.

• Here is a gathering of the latest nilbog warband that has risen as a significant threat in the southern marches of Anorakistan. Nilbogs are neither as fierce nor as smart as Legitiverse orks, and they mostly subsist by clashing with neighboring tribes of orks and dungans or resorting to cannibalism among themselves. Known for being so profoundly stupid they can barely craft items capable of holding a sharp edge, nilbogs are usually armed with misshapen clubs and pointed sticks. Nevertheless, Betelbrau's warband possesses siege engines that make them a threat to small settlements. Doubtlessly they are being provided quality weapons by an unseen party.
Spoiler
Show
It's these guys.
  • The Xenox Klerix serve the Nega-BlokTrix Herself and seek to further Her inscrutible aims.
  • Also, they're Peaches.
  • This is Bungfut Betelbrau, warband chieftain of the nilbog raiders, with his two closest lieutenants and also younger twin brothers, Togam and Magot. Bungfut wields the mighty artifakt weapon Wakkenhammer the Splat-O-Matic, while his younger brothers brandish the unwieldy combination ax-maces, Haxensmasher and Bashenchopper. "By dis hammer do I rule," were the profound words uttered by Bungfut when he became warchief, and it is the whole of the law that governs the nilbog tribe.
  • Nilbogs are a cowardly and superstitious lot, and POOP worshippers to the last of them. To this end, the tribe's shaman holds a position of great importance, second only to the tribal chief. Nuwomp Tittyfish has seen the rise and fall of sqabbling warbands, and he has weathered it all by getting really fucking high on mushrooms and often smearing himself with feces. Few have been able to counter argue such wisdom.
  • Degenerate and developmentally stunted, nilbogs do have one advantage. They have access to their own form of CLOan transparent ABS, that they call Plasmuk. Plasmuk is made through a strange alchemical process using the shells and afterbirth of POOP dragons, which they then shape haphazardly into weapons and armor, such as it is. This special material is reserved for only the best warriors.

Here we see many members of the warband, including Grindil Goldenarm, one of the groups veteran warriors. Grindil lost his left arm to an Anoraki knight during a raid. In a twisted parody of the legend of Zahru Trollarm, Grindil hunted the knight down and claimed a new arm. Blessed with POOP dragon magik, Grindil has a shiny new arm, as well as a shield of OT CLOan material. POOP be praised!
  • The nilbogs are still very lowly and wretched creatures in the tainted schemes of the Nega-BlokTrix, and they serve at the whim of a cruel and inscrutable mistress. The POOP Dragons still number among the greatest of Her servants, and the nilbogs worship Her dragons like lesser gods. Directing the energies of the nilbog raiders are a pair of mighty and venerable negadragons known as the Twin Twins. Born as twin hatchlings from the same shell, the sibling dragons were also each conjoined twins, resulting in a pair of two headed dragons.
  • They are known respectively as Hekyll and Jekyll, and Fekyll and Shmekyll. These dragons were part of the original POOP Invasion in BR 2,003 and they have remained in the mountains of Anorakistan as a constant threat to both the Anoraki people, and to the Legitiverse. Not only are these creatures fearsome foes merely by their stature, but they are unfathomable strategists with implacable patience, more than willing to sacrifice nilbog pawns to secure Negaversal supremacy.
Last edited by Red_SPAMbot on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Post by Half-Moon Molly » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Haghk! Neko Bloks!
yeah, I'm trans.
Spoiler
Show
[a n d i f you h a v e a n i s s u e w i t h t h a t i i n v i t e y o u t o s u c c m y g i r l d i c k]

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Yesssssssss... Drink it in. Drink it :all: in.