|TL 6 (Before Collapse)|
|Wolheen region, Northern Gold Sector|
|Knyaz Karl Magadan II *Deceased*|
The Volhinyan State or Volhinyan Polity is a small empire from the northern expanses of the Gold Sector. It originated from colonists from Elkoss, the present day Galacian Capital. It was the last colonization ship to leave Elkoss before the end of the Empire, and thus while everyone else was getting blown up in that war, the Volhinyans were left to peacefully develop into their own nation, rather than another subjugated colony.
Volhinya is politically and strategically isolated, Surrounded by Galacian territory on 3 sides and the void of lawless neutral space everywhere else, they are contained to their corner of space and are often forgotten about by many larger factions. Thus, little is known about their empire.
They were once a monarchy, until their last monarch died in battle with no heir, after which, The state fell into a Succession crisis divided between relatives of the late Kynaz backed up by the army and navy. Against abolitionist dissidents
In R.2011 the Elkossian Empire was fighting a losing battle against peach extremists, A minor noble known as Karl Magadan, a cousin of the Emperor of the Aldemir dynasty of Elkoss, rallied the support of thousands of refugees on the world of Caspia and convinced them to follow him on an expidition. Officially, Magadan had been instructed by the Generals to move refugees out of the system as they were becoming a neusance when it was trying to fight a war. Magadan's followers set up a few colonies in the north, founding the "Elkossian sub-sector of Volhinya" but little more than a month later, the war ended. The Peaches lost, but it was clear the Empire hadn't won either. The Elkossian Empire basically collapsed and broke down into yet another war this time strife with several competing government remnants and other breakaway secessionist states.
The Volhinyan leadership viewed itself as a legitimate successor or claimant to the Elkossian Empire, it was afterall a legitimate administrative division of the Empire, and it's Governor was a cousin of the late Emperor Kerjit, and his heir Kombucha was presumed dead. In the earliest days of the succession conflict, where it was anyone's game.. Volhinya stood just as good a chance as any to win the conflict for the right to rule the gold sector, unfortunately due to their isolation from the key theatre of war, it was very difficult to move forces around. The USSSR Made it's first crack at taking over the sector at this time, The first Soviet forces that invaded the sector were repelled by Volhinyans, a fact often forgotten about
Volhinya became a small albeit technologically advanced empire ruled by the Magadan dynasty, this would be short lived however...
Blunder on Outer Haven
Second Battle of Outer Haven
For many years after, Volhinya would also be under constant threat of Trianglist extremists until they attempted Invade and conquer the world of Outer Haven in R.2017 The campaign was thought to be a breeze on paper, however the Kynaz decided to lead forces in battle.. While outgunning the enemy with superior weaponry, the Volhinyans were not prepared for the ambush tactics of the Insurgents.. Kynaz Karl Magadan II was killed in battle, and the entire operation was a decisive failure. Volhinya fell into a leadership crisis and lost much of it's prestige, no longer able to hold it's territory as an independent power, it was forced to seek help from outside and possibly join an alliance with foreigners.
Civil war, within a Civil war
Volhinyan Royal Army
The Volhinyan Royal Army is a small specialist force, they use long range, high powered gauss weapons and GT powered energy weapons to defend their small empire from enemies all around. Their strengths are all about long range precision weapons.
The Volhinyan army's biggest asset is it's gauss rifle. It's troops are few in number but can outrange almost every other ground force in the galaxy. They favor defensive and ambush tactics, volleying Gauss fire into enemy troops from range, ambushing vehicles with long range lasers, and then retreating until more targets present themselves, always trying to avoid staying out of range.
- Line - Regular frontal combat troops
- Recon- Indirect combat troops who are called on to do things like spotting and sniping rather than fight in the trenches
- Anti-Tank- Any unit that's primary purpose is to destroy enemy tanks and vehicles
- Support - Any unit that's purpose is to improve or assist other units, whether by directley assisting allies, or indirectley assisting them in combat by providing fire support against the enemy for others.
- Commando- Units that's sole purpose is to excel in killing other infantry and other minifigs
- Commander - Command officers who are given responsibilities over Units and Territory during a battle
- Regular - Units that recieve basic training for war, but really aren't expected to do anything but trade casualties with the enemy
- Shock - Units that recieve assault oriented training, Usually superior to regulars and used to punch holes in enemy lines.
- Elite - Top tier units that have great experience and skill in battle. Normally too valuable to waste in frontal combat but exceptions are sometimes made
- Special - Not necessarily superior to Elite units, although they sometimes do, Special class infantry are units that defy categorization. They are often some of the most dangerous the Armiya has to offer.
Varyag Infantry Units
Motor Pool Volhinyan vehicles are built around a defensive nature, their combat vehicles are made for killing the enemy before they are close enough to pose a threat, and their carriers are designed to be incredibly survivable to protect the troops inside as Volhinyans need their troops moreso than others